icon

Autopage alarm & Clifford Smartwindows II

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Guss 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
I have the RS-750 lcd autopage alarm installed on my 98 chevy c-1500, and I got the clifford smartwindows II as a gift from a friend. I want to know if it's possible to install the smartwindows with my alarm or if it only works with the clifford alarm systems?
I really will appreciate if anyone can help me
Thanks
Guss
cosmoworks 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Works with any alarm that has a ground armed output, groun siren output, and second channel out. Not familiar with your alarm, but you may have to use a relay to reverse polarity on the siren output to feed to the window module.
Guss 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks cosmoworks, I got the wiring diagram for the smartwindows II module, but I don't know what wires to connect from the alarm brain to the module. Also the windows module has some connections on the top that say 12+, ground and something else, do I have to connect something to those also?

Thank you

cosmoworks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
Green goes to your alarm's negative armed output. Yellow goes to the siren output (but remember, it's negative so you might need to use a relay to reverse your alarm's siren output polarity). The WHITE/ Yellow is your second channel output (used to roll down and creep the windows).
The only connections you need to make are the ones on the two harnesses. The other connections are for linking modules together.
Guss 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

thank u again cosmoworks, I have been reading the installation guide for my alarm and it says that the siren output is positive, so I don't need to use a realy to reverse polarity, right? just cheking. the second channel output is negative, is it ok?

Guss

cosmoworks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
You need to use a relay to reverse your siren's polarity (smart windows needs to see ground siren output). Second channel ground is ok.
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Question how do you progam the smart windows, I like to learn but i always use my cliffnett wizzard to progam smart windows, how do you do it wit an autopage alarmAutopage alarm & Clifford Smartwindows II -- posted image.
cosmoworks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
Guss, Oooops, just realized that I got the wires wrong in my previous post! WHITE/ yellow is the siren positive input and yellow is the 2nd channel ground input. So if you haven't wired her up already, then take note.
Ringojam, Smartwindows II existed before Cliffnet did, so you couldn't program it using the Wizard even if you wanted to... there's no dataport to connect to. But anyways to program the Smartwindows II, here are the steps:
1) Turn ignition on.
2) Connect two molex plugs together (bypassing module) and lower both windows.
3) Disconnect molex plugs and plug in SmartWindows II.
4) Tap the passenger window up and wait for the window to close. Wait about 10 seconds until you hear the relay in the module click.
5) Tap the passenger window down and let window fully open.
6) Repeat 4 and 5 for the drivers window, but for a total of three times.
7) Turn the ignition off. Programming is complete.
The window module automatically chooses how low it "creeps" the window in creep mode. If the window creep distance is too big for you, then remove power for at least a minute and repeat the steps above with something to obstruct the window (i.e. - a book). Basically, the larger the object you put to obstruct the window - the less it creeps.
Hope that helps.
Guss 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2005 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  

thank you cosmo, I haven't had time to install it. I hope by next weekend I install it. I have a question, on the wiring diagram I got the smart windows is connected directly to the positive terminal with a slo-flo fuse, do i have to do it this way or not?

thank you

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic