the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

need 2007 dodge nitro r/s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tianot 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2010 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
hello guys! is it easy to install a r/s for 2007 dodge nitro. i need pictures for installation? how can i perform the lock and unlock door of the dodge nitro?
thanks guys
tianot
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,800
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2010 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  

While it is possible to install a remote start in your car with just an immobilizer bypass and R/S unit, you will need about 4 relays, a 100 ohm resister, a 330 ohm resister, a 180 ohm resister, a 560 ohm resister and a 1N400x diode, etc...

The Dodge Nitro is easy to do if you use the iDatalink ADS-AL CA or similar bypass module.  Besides the immobilizer bypass function, it will handle the Start and Accessory Mux for you along with the door locks and trunk release, handle the cars alarm system and supply a Tach signal.  It costs a bit more but is well worth the money in time spent and ease of install.  The ADS-TBSL  C2 only does the bypass.  The main problem is getting the ADS-AL CA bypass with the correct firmware loaded on it.

There is an EBay (U.S.) listing for the ADS-AL CA right now and the seller will flash the module with the correct firmware for you prior to shipping.  Not sure about Canada customs.  There might be a place ( store or install shop ) locally that will sell and flash the module for you.  ADS iDatalink is a company located in Quebec but they will not sell directly to "do-it-yourself" customers.  Here is a link to their web site:  http://www.idatalink.com/helpdesk/     There you can download the install guide, etc.

Soldering is fun!
tianot 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2010 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  

hi! thanks kreg. you mean if i use the bypass ADS-AL CA, i dont need to use the 4 relays and resistor to install r/s unit. is that what you mean?

if i use the ads-tbsl bypass, how can i connect the 4 relays and resistor to the r/s unit? do you have a diagrams?

thanks a lot

tianot
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2010 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, the ADS-AL CA with the ADS-AL(DL)-CH5 (V2.1) firmware will do it all.  If you use the ADS-TBSL C2 you will need 2 relays for the MUX and 2 Relays for the locks.

Here is the diagram for the MUX:   http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/20567_CALIBER_CHRYSLERS%20STARTER%202%20AND%20ACCESSORY%20DIAGRAM.pdf

Here is the diagram for the door locks:  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/26500_NITRO_14301_DODGE%20NITRO%201%20Wire%20Doorlocks.pdf   The top diagram is probably the correct one ( depends on which R/S you are using).

One diode will be for the parking lights.

For that car, the ADS-AL CA makes it very easy.

Soldering is fun!
tianot 
Posted: May 25, 2010 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
hey man. how if i use the fortin evo-chr t2 bypass, isc
that ok to use, is that easy to use.
my concern now is where can i connect the door status wire of the evo chr.
the e-brake status and while running wire is only for manual car right?
how about the trunk status and hood status wire, where can i connect those wire into the r/s unit.
thanks alot. really appreciate your help
tianot
tianot 
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  

kreg,

how its going? anyway, here is the link of my remote starter wiring diagram im using a prostart starter

http://www.engines911.com/asdocs/CT_5072_wd_en_h44s40_080820.pdf

here is the link for the fortin EVO-CHR T2 bypass module. how can i connect those wire using a 1way data link?

https://ifar.ca/download/1963/evo-chr_installation_guide.rev-i.pdf

thanks kreg, hope you can help me.

tianot
kreg357 
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  

The Fortin EVO-CHR T2 should work well in your car.  It is pricey but a solid piece.  I have not used that bypass as I prefer the iDatalink modules.

It appears that you can do the install with the Fortin in one way data mode.  Just follow the EVO install guide page 6.  The guide you linked to might be out of date.  Look at this guide to see if it is more accurate for your Nitro:   https://ifar.ca/download/2052/evo-chr_installation_guide.rev-k.pdf  The newer guide shows an additional relay in the MUX circuit.

As for the R/S, I am assuming you are using the ProStart CT 5072.  To support the Fortin EVO-CHR T2, you will have to set some programming options besides connecting the Data harness.  See page 18 on the install guide.  Mode 4 Function 3 to Option 3 and Mode 4 Function 4 to Option 1.

While it doesn't say it, I suspect the the EVO's door and trunk status outputs are (-) and should be attached to the CT 5072 Grey

(-) Negative Door Input wire using diode isolation.

The Hood Status output (Pink/Black) from the EVO should be connected to the CT 5072 Grey (-) Hood Switch wire

EBrake is generally used for manual transmission installs but being as its only one extra wire, it won't hurt to connect it.

The (-) Ground out when running is usually used for bypass control but not needed when using the 1 way Data control harness to the EVO.

Fortin modules usually come with a coupon for access to their web site for Vehicle specific wiring information.  Use that to get more detailed info on your car along with nice color pictures of the harnesses and wires.

Soldering is fun!
tianot 
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

ok kreg, thanks alot. im gonna do it this weekend. for the DOOR STATUS and TRUNK STATUS, i will diode isolate each of the wire right?

thanks kreg. i give you a shout if i installed it succesfully.

tianot
tianot 
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

one more question, if i hook up the hood status wire of EVO-CHR to the hood pin switch of the R/S unit, how can i perform the programming of the transmitter and some other programming mode?

thanks

tianot
kreg357 
Posted: May 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

Good point.  I am not familiar with ProStart, I usually install Ultra Start or Compustar units.  The Fortin EVO-CHR T2 needs to be hooked up and programmed to the car first before it can produce the hood status signal from the cars CAN data.  Of course you can mount a seperate hood pin switch and run the R/S (-) Hood pin wire to it ( either temporairily or permanently) or you could use the R/S's Programming Assistance Button to program the options.  Page 15 of the CT 5072 Install Guide details this procedure.

As for the Door / Trunk / Hood Status signals:  If you are using the alarm protion of the CT 5072, then you will want to monitor these signals to trigger the alarm.  Being as the CT 5072 only has one trigger input ( either (+) or (-), only use one) you should combine them as one input using diodes.  Diodes are definitly needed if you were to obtain those signals directly from the car instead of the EVO-CHR T2.

Did you get / use the Fortin Wiring Activation Key coupon?  That should help locate wire, etc.

Good Luck

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic