5704/drivers side door lock?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sujumptd 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2013 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
1st I'd like to say thanks for the help on installing my Viper 5704. Everything works as it should so far but I'd like to make a few adjustments if possible.
1. When I arm/disarm all doors lock and unlock. I'd like it to work like my factory alarm when I unlock my vehicle. When I would press unlock once on my OEM alarm it would only unlock the drivers side door, press it twice and it would unlock the rest of the doors. Is it possible to make the Viper 5704 do this? If so, how?
2.My vehicles interior light stays on approx. 30 sec after I close the door then it goes of on its own. My 5704 see this as a door open when I arm it. How do I change this so the 5704 arms and does not indicate a door open? I'm sure some rewiring will be involved. How would I go about doing this?
Again, thanks so much for the help.
Ed
2002 Ford F350 Diesel.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2013 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
1: Look on the Relays section in this site. There should be a diagram in there to unlock just the driver's door with a relay.
The Viper should have a second-unlock output (light blue). Dark blue goes to your relay to unlock the driver's door, and the light blue second-unlock goes to wherever you have the dark blue connected right now.
You might have to turn the second-unlock feature on in programming.
2: You can turn off the door error chirp in programming. If you want to keep the error chirp, you could instead use diodes to the individual door wires, instead of just the dome light.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic