2003 honda accord factory amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a factory amp in this car?
The problem I am getting is that the radio turns on and operates normal but no sound at all comes out of any speaker. All fuses under dash and hood are good. We put in a used rockford amp with high level inputs that we spliced into the rear left speaker. The amp powers 2 subs in bandpass box. Could the amp be blown if there is one or is the factory radio blown? The rockford amp poxers up fine and is hooked up to an ign. source instead of a remote from the radio. The cust. says that the radio just suddenly turned off and then back on while driving and the clock reset itself and all preset stations were lost. Anybody PLEASE help, thanks!
Cruisin Security And Sounds
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2003 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

Sounds to me like the output amps in the head unit are blown.  I suspect your sub amp is not connected properly somehow shorted out the speakers leads.  If you have another HU (any old HU) laying around, disconnect the sub amp, temporary wire up the new HU and try it.

I do not think Honda uses outboard amps for the main speakers, although I have not worked on a new 2003 Accord.

rene241972 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
i had the same problem with my accord. i put on the back infinity speakers, and in one week i had no sound. everything seemed to work but no sound. i realized that i put wrong the wires. positive wire should be with positive mount on the speaker and negative with negative.  i realized that i made a mistake after two weeks when i had no sound. i hope will help 
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2003 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
rene241972 - was your radio blown, did you have to get another one?
Cruisin Security And Sounds
rene241972 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2003 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged  

no. i just put the wires in the right way back. i was at the dealer and, thanks God, they had no time to make the dash in parts to change the radio, and i had an appointment in 10-15 days.  this would cost me around $800-900. they couldn't figure what was the problem. when i arrived home, in the same day when i was to the dealer, i bought a tester. i checked the wires, and then i realized the mistake. i burned the speakers, but i'm glad i didn't burn the radio.

rene

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic