the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Keep Vehicle Running With Kill Switch Activated By Brake Pedal?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
regal1975 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2024 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote regal1975
In trying to have a way to keep my vehicle running just in case I need to keep my dog inside to run in the store. Remote starts for my 2022 frontier are easy enough, but they are time limited to ten minutes I believe. I was thinking a simple hidden toggle switch to connect the brake pedal switch to a relay that would disconnect ignition power should do it. Then just leave it running with keyless start lock the doors and leave. If someone does decide to take the truck as soon as they touch the brakes it kills ignition and won't start back up because the key will be with me.
I'm thinking there's a flaw in my idea but I can't quite place it. Anyone have any input or a better or more secure way to pull it off?
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2024 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote audiokid1
A remote start with "Pit Stop" mode should allow you to do this.
Typical scenario....
You park the car, hit the remote start button on the key fob, and pull your key out of the ignition.
The vehicle continues to run. You get out and lock the vehicle and go into the store.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,691
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 21, 2024 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Prestige 997z is programmable up to 45 minutes.
Page 13
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,430
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2024 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
check out these guys. I've been debating on adding one to my F150 i just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Secure idle
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
regal1975 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2024 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote regal1975
My truck uses a key fob with push button start. If I leave with the key while it's running it will just keep running indefinitely. If someone drives away with it it doesn't care. They just won't have the key to restart it.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic