the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Nissan Xterra, CompuStar CM900-S

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
youseenothing 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2024 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote youseenothing
Hello all! I bought a 2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4X that already had a CompuStar CM900-S installed. Everything seems to be working fine but remote start doesn't seem to be working completely. The vehicle will remote start but the AC/Heater and accessories do not come on until I put the key in the ignition and turn to ON. I am assuming that the person who installed it possibly tapped into the wrong place for one of the connections. What would I need to check to make sure it is wired properly for my AC/Heater to come on with the remote start? Thanks in advance for any help!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,795
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2024 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Greetings.
I'm assuming that the current install is using the Blade-AL cartridge (not an ADS AL-CA bypass module). For proper operation the following wires at the vehicle ignition switch must be powered by the CM900-s controller :
Ignition 1 = White/Green wire @ Pin 3
Starter 1 = Gray wire @ Pin 2
Starter 2 = Light Green wire @ Pin 4
Accessory 1 = Red wire @ Pin 6
Accessory 2 = Green/Yellow wire @ Pin 5 *
* ACC2 should be powered IF the Xterra has Hill Assist to prevent the light from flashing during R/S.
On the CM900-s
CN1     
Pin 1 Red - Constant 12V        Green @ Pin 1
Pin 2 Green/White - Programmable Output     might be in use for (+) Parking Lights
Pin 3 Red/White - Constant 12V        Green @ Pin 1
Pin 4 White - Accessory 12V positive (+)        Red wire @ Pin 6
Pin 5 Blue - Programmable Output       **        Light Green wire @ Pin 4
Pin 6 Yellow - Starter 12V positive (+)              Gray wire @ Pin 2
Pin 7 Green - Ignition 12V positive (+)             White/Green wire @ Pin 3
Pin 8 Black - Ground negative (-) input            Chassis Ground
** Set CM900-s Jumper for Blue wire to START (default is IGN2)
I would check the CN1 to Ignition switch connections to see if the ACC1 Red wire is getting +12V during a R/S.
Soldering is fun!
youseenothing 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2024 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote youseenothing
Thanks for your response. I got it working properly now. I appreciate you!
youseenothing 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2024 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote youseenothing
I am having an odd issue that suddenly started. Out of nowhere my remotes will stop locking the vehicle but show that the vehicle is locked. The unlock and remote start still work but not locking. If I reprogram the remotes the lock starts working again but will stop again randomly and I will need to reprogram the remotes. Not sure what could be happening. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic