the12volt.com spacer
icon

Ford E-450 RV, GMBVA OE Radio Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rxrep 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2024 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rxrep
Hi, I purchased a used 2019 Class C motorhome and have a double din touch screen to replace the factory Ford GMBVA double din head unit (OE is am/fm stereo only). I'm trying to source a wiring diagram for the factory harness. The harness kit I bought for the Ford E450 is the right plug but the wrong wiring labels. Can't find anything online. Thanks in advance and my apologies if it's been covered. I tried searching, I swear!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,691
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 07, 2024 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
What harness did you buy? Manufacturer and part number?
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
rxrep 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2024 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rxrep
Metra 70-5520. Lines up perfectly. They don't offer anything I could find specific to E450, but E350 should be the same. It plugs right in but I don't believe the wiring is correct and I'm not powering up anything until I know for sure. There are multiple wires on the factory side that have nothing on the metra side, and two on the metra side that have nothing on the factory side. Thanks!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,691
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 08, 2024 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Does the red wire on the 5520 go to a blank spot on the vehicle harness? I assure you that the Constant, ground and all of the speaker wires are in the proper locations. If the red wire goes to a blank spot you will need to find a switched power source to make the radio go on and off with the key. If you do not want to do that, you need to look into an axvi5520. I think they changed the part number, but you can find the axvi5521 on their website. Same exact harness but it comes with the plug to keep a factory subwoofer working.
http://metraonline.com/part/AXVI-5521
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic