the12volt.com spacer
icon

Idatalink ADS-TB 16, PATS System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
global_echo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2024 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote global_echo
Firstly, I am in my 60's and not super computer savy. I have a 2000 F150 that has a CM5200 Remote start installed and a Idatalink ADS-tb (16) for the PATS key coding.
Secondly, I have a 2008 Ford Focus using a Astrostart RS613 and a Idatalink ADS-tb (16) for the PATS key coding.
Remotes were both lost long ago. I ordered replacement remotes for each and have been able to get them partially programmed, but not completely. My difficulty seems to be getting the Idatalink ADS-tb (16) to accept coding for the PATS system. I have 2 good coded transponder keys for each vehicle. I have been able to set the Idatalink ADS-tb (16) in both vehicles to 2 green flashes (presumable ready to programm keys?) I insert first key into ignition and led light does not change. If I am reading it correctly, the light should switch to solid green and then I would need to take out first key and put second key in ignition and again wait for solid green light, then push any button on the remote. Nothing happens at all when putting first key in ignition. LED light continues to blink green endlessly, regardless of key in or out of ignition.
I have been able to program the remotes to the starters of both vehicles. 2000 F150 will remote start with key in ignition, but quickly there is a click in the remote start box and the engine immediately shuts down. 2008 Focus will light up the dash, as if trying to remote start, nothing but clicks under dash. No starter joy at all.
It seems like I am close, but no cigar. Pretty much out of creative ideas. Any help on this would be really appreciated.
lee.lopez 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2024 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
Flashing green means more programming is required at the computer according to this:
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/TB-FM2/ADS-TB-FM2-EN_20130604.pdf
If you don't have a flashing cable you can order one, but if you don't want to you could ask a local installer to update for you.
global_echo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2024 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote global_echo
Actually No, it did not mean more programming is required. There is another step that is not in any of the manuals I was able to find and download. If anyone else finds this post with the same issues: "After selecting the programming mode (1 repeating green led flash for data cable or 2 repeating green led flashes for hard wired) You then press and hold the program button again until you get solid green led and then begin the key ignition sequence." Pretty quick results after I discovered this little bit of info.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic