icon

Transponder Bypass/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spart 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2002 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

I just recently installed a Clifford Solaris in my 2001 Honda Civic EX(manual) With a TBHA3 bypass kit (made by peripheral). Everything works fine.  I remotely start it, disarm...i get one chirp. I get in the car, stick the key in and when i push the brake the key takes over instead of the remote start. If i stick the key in quickly and barely tap the brake, the immobilizer key indicator blinks like it is not a proper key. The car runs fine anyway after that but i usually shut it down and start it again anyway. However if i stick the key in...wait a second longer then press and hold the brake slightly longer, the green key light comes on then goes off two seconds later like it is supposed to. I guess i am just wondering why it does this and if it is normal. It seems to work fine for me, but my curiosity gets the best of me sometimes. If anyone knows anything about this, and info would be super.

Thanks,

Spart

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2002 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

I had that happen while doing an install on a 2002 GMC Sierra. The bypass has a slight difference from the regular key and the computer is recognizing that difference. The only way to stop that is try tweaking the bypass a little more which usually doesn't get you too far or do a permanent bypass of the key. Do this by  connecting the input that normally comes from the remote start unit to ground and the power to the bypass to the ignition power wire. Then everytime you start the vehicle even with the regular key, the computer reads the bypass instead of switching back and forth and getting a difference each time. The drawback is that you will lose the security features of the transponder system by doing this. So if you can live with the little light you are better off. If you can't then try the permanent bypass. If you live in high crime area it may not be wise, so use your judgement. Oh yeah if you do the permanent bypass it will save you a little cash when you need a key replaced too. Good Luck.

Steve G

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic