Can't find 2002 Civic Parking light wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chillin742 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 3:53 AM / IP Logged  

Hello to all -

I'm installing a remote start system in a 2002 Honda Civic EX Coupe.  I've got everything wired up, and it all works beautifully except for one thing - the parking lights don't flash.  I have the parking light output wire from the remote starter connected to a BLACK/ red wire coming out of the headlight switch harness.  I read on a website that this wire could be used.  Obviously, that is incorrect information.  Now, i've researched on this site and found two other answers.  One - back of the fusebox, RED / black wire.  Two - at under dash fuse/relay box, RED / yellow wire.  Now i speant a good half hour under there looking for this wire, but there are just way too many to chose from.  So what I'm getting at is, could someone please point me to a more specific location as to where I can connect this wire?  Not having the parking lights flash makes programming very difficult.  I thank those who respond in advance.

-Pat

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
If you don't have an option for negative output for parking lights, you can use a relay to change the polarity and grab a blue wire in the factory alarm plug which is located in a green plug above the drivers kick panel.   That is if you cannot find the RED / black on the back of the fuse panel.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
radsta 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Pat- you can find the wire on the front of the f-box, it's RED / black like most Hondas. There's also a small empty connector in the front of the fbox that goes to this circuit- you'll need a female spade if memory serves me. You can also hit it to the far left in some harness that goes to the auxilary dash switches. .It's a little harder than the old cars, but once you find a spot you like you'll be OK. The circuit is still positive. Let me know of any Honda issues, we do a lot of cars for the local dealer and the rice community!  Steve
victor
chillin742 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you all who have responded.  I'm gonna have to give those a try and see what works.  Now, for my next question for you obviously experienced people.  When I went out this morning after remote starting the car, everything was fine (minus the lack of parking light flashes).  But then, when I got in, put the key in, and hit the brake to disengage the remote start, the little green Immobilizer light started flashing on my dash and wouldn't stop.  The car was still running, and the only way to get the light to stop, was to turn the car off and start it up again.  This seems to happen anytime the remote start takes over 'cause I tried the "idle feature" of it which allows you to get out of the car but leave it running without the key, and when I came back, the same thing happened.  I have an OMEGA DB-PKH3 bypass for the engine immobilizer in case you needed to know.  Somebody please help! 

-Pat

radsta 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
Pat- sounds like a minor wiring issue- check out http://bypasskit.com, they make the pkh3, and have technical support. Steve
victor
spart 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

Pat and Victor,

I too just installed a remote starter system in my car. It was the Cifford solaris in a 2001 civic. Like you said when i remotely start it and get in and do everything right, the green immobilizer light flashes. However sometimes if i leave the key in a little longer maybe 2-3 seconds before i hit the brake, the light comes on...then goes off like it is supposed to. I used the TBHA3 bypass kit made by peripheral. Is it the same thing as a pkh3? Cuz on my the install instructions I received from them there it mentions the PKH3 at the bottom and the wiring instructions are the same.

Thanks

Dustin

jamiejackson 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
theres a 10mm bolt on the front of the fuse block. drop the block down, the parking light is a green (+) wire in the middle of the box, thats your best bet, did one yesterday.
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

The parking light wire is RED / Black (+) is located behind the Fusebox, or you can find it on the harness running infront of the brake pad going to the Fusebox.  Easy to get at.

Good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic