icon

Pioneer DEH-P7700MP

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
outacash 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, i just got tha Pioneer DEH-P7700MP cd player a month ago to put into my 2001 Saturn SL1. I already had an infinity reference 1200 sub and a bazooka EL300.1 amp with tsunami 4 gauge wire and rockford fosgate shielded RCA cables. Everything was running flawlessly until I hooked up my friend's kicker compvr15 to the amp and it was very distorted. The amp checked out fine but for some reason my cd player is sending out a distorted signal through all of the pre-outs. Every time I switch someting like the equalizer settings, it makes a popping sound in the sub but nothing funny happens with the speakers running off of the head unit. My RCA cables don't even come close to the power cables until they get to the trunk and I have never had any trouble with them before. I am not sure if something is just not getting enough power even though it is all running at 12 plus volts with the iginition off but I think that I have narrowed it down to the head unit. If anyone has any ideas on what is wrong, I would like to get some more ideas before I ship it back to pioneer for them to have a look-see and i shell out money that needs to be saved for college.
please help me!!!!
mr_diggs 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
I have the same head unit. Are you getting an assload of ground noise when the engine is running, or have you only tried it with the engine off? those head units seem real sensitive to line voltage and they'll pop a coil that in turn unfilters the ground on your rca outputs. I am sending mine back. those outputs are only 2.2volts as well, some amps sound like ass until they get a good amount of signal voltage. Have you tried switching back to your old sub? also, are the subs the same ohm load? naturaly you will end up clipping the crap outa your signal source if your sub isn't allowing the amp to push any wattage.
pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2006 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  

I have read alot about Pioneers having some of the worse RCA Outputs in all the head units when it comes to noise and interferance. My Pioneer AVIC-N2 was making so much whining noises that I really thought it was something with the wirings because this is one expensive head unit and you would not expect it to make noises and such - yeah right!!

Swapped it out with my buddy's old double din Alpine - ALMOST no noise!!! Well thats when I decided to try one of those ground loop isolators and it took away ALL the noise with my Pioneer!! Now I do not have ANY noise. I installed the ground loop right behind the head unit. The brand I bought was Scosche. Maybe you should try that... It worked for me.

mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2006 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I've had lots of problems with Pioneer decks they blow "earth tracks" causing severe engine noise when I confronted the rep he always answers the same "its our fault" and this really annoys me so I talk people out of them now for high end installs.  THANK YOU PIONEER FOR MAKING US INSTALLERS LOOK BAD!!
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic