icon

2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sportsfan21 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder LE and currently the only way to open the window on the hatch is to use the key on the lock in the back. I was wondering if there is a way I can hook up a switch to open that window.

If so, would you please tell me what wires I would need to hook to the switch and where they are?

Thanks in advance.

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2006 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Not really sure about Nissan Pathfinder. But lets assume it is similar to the Toyota 4runner (year 2000 also.)
I was able to wire up two relay to the switch that was in the 4runner.
But seeing how you dont have the switch, you should be able to open the back panel to the hatch. I had to test all the wire for the 4runner, it required a neg pulse. (i did this before i realized i can just hook it to the switch)
My recommendation is to sign up to the Nissan Pathfinder forum and ask them wat wire it is. And where can it be located. (Maybe under the running board, another location for the wire for the read window on the 4runner)
They should be able to tell you the exact color and the trigger type.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
The Pathfinder window just pops open and lifts up on struts......it doesn't motor up and down like Toyota SUVs.
sportsfan21,
The Infiniti QX4 has an electric solenoid to pop open the rear glass, along with a switch mounted on the driver's door.
Since the QX4 and Pathfinder are the same car, it's likely that the hatch-release parts from the QX4 would fit.
sportsfan21 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys~

I'm looking for the Negative Door Trigger on the drivers door in my 2000 Nissan Pathfinder

Thanks

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
DOORPIN RED / blue At security module   - 
 The security module is located to the left of the steering column. Most of these wires are found on the white connector. See the available diagram.
sportsfan21 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks!

sportsfan21 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

I want to keep my radio on until the drivers door (and only the drivers door) is opened.

I have read this post here:

https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#drto

and have a couple of questions.

Whats the advantage of using the second diagram instead of the first? I plan on getting the ACC into the relays using the ACC line for my radio, so won't that be the only wire that remains powered when the radio is on?

Also, for the negative door trigger, since I only want it to be my drivers door, I took apart the switch that senses when the drivers door is open or closed. There are two wires; one black and one green. When the door is open, the two terminals these wires connect to are continuous. When it is closed, they are not continuous. Which wire would I need to hook up to the negative door trigger part of the relay?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic