icon

dei valet 561r 2005 dodge ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jasoncw 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

That makes sense, and thanks a lot for the input. Does my relay diagram above appear accurate?

Jason

aziegler 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

Looks good,

It doesn't matter which side of the relay your resister is installed. 

jasoncw 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2007 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

Great. Thanks again for the input, AZ.

Jason

jasoncw 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2007 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

Well, this was my first install, so I don't know why I was expecting it to work the first time around... :( The starter is not engaging at all, so I will need to diagnose it tomorrow to see what is getting power.

The question I have, though, is in regards to the locks. When it unlocks, it appears to be doing a double pulse, because it unlocks the doors, then locks them again. However, the RS is set for 1 pulse. When I program the RS to 2 pulses, it will unlock, lock, then unlock again. Any ideas what might be causing this? It appears to be locking fine.

One additional note: the parking lamps flash once when it locks, but they do not flash at all when it unlocks. Is this normal?

TIA

Jason

jasoncw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2008 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  

Door Locks

The lock signal works fine. When I pull the lock relay, the unlock works fine. So it appears as though when it unlocks, the unlock signal is sent, followed by a lock signal. Why would this be happening?

No Start

I checked for voltage to both red wires to the RS, and the RS is getting voltage. When I turn the key on, all other power wires (2 ign and 1 acc) are getting power. The RS doesn't appear to be engaging at all when I try to remote start it, since none of the accessories or anything come on. I checked all the wires, and they appear to be properly connected, so I am at a stand still. Any input?

TIA

Jason

jasoncw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2008 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a pic of exactly how I hooked everything up. Please let me know whether it is accurate. Thanks, guys.

Jason

dei valet 561r 2005 dodge ram - Page 2 -- posted image.

jasoncw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2008 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  

Whoops, forgot to mention I hooked the tach wire to a coil pack wire that was not the common (BR/WT), and I performed the tach learn on the RS.

Jason

jasoncw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2008 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

Bump for the afternoon shift. dei valet 561r 2005 dodge ram - Page 2 -- posted image. Any input is appreciated.

Jason

jasoncw 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2008 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
Bump again.  I realized that I did not connect one of the accessory wires (PK/YL 14 AWG). This is listed as the 2nd accessory, although the 1st accessory lists 2 wires.  Does anyone know what this powers?  Could this be the source of the RS not even engaging any accessories? I wouldn't think so, but...
aziegler 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2008 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  

I was looking at your chat above. I'm not sure what your "Status Output" Blue wire is or why you are feeding it through a relay from your accessory wire. 

This should have no effect on the starting issue. Have you had any luck on getting it to start?

If not here are a couple things to check for:

1) I'm not familiar with DEI programming options, but I would read through them keying in on options dealing with the "Voltage Sencing", "Tach Sensing", "Timer Mode". I don't see that you identified where you hooked up your tach sencing wire. Make sure you are using the timer mode if not using the tach wire. The system may be looking for a signal on the tach wire that isn't hooked up.

2) Make sure all connectors on the RS are plugged in fully.

3) Make sure your switch in-line on your neutural safety switch circuit is functioning and in the correct position so there is a ground on that wire.  The system will not operate without that ground.

4) I see you did not use the hood safety switch.  Make sure that that wire is not inadvertently touching a ground.

5) Make sure you have a good system ground.

If you havn't corrected the door lock issue yet ai would focus on the system programing. My Autopage RS has five or six different programing options for the lock/unlock circuit. You should look for a single (-) pulse for the lock with a double (-) unlock pulse. If your have duration options I set mine at 0.8 seconds for each pulse duration.

AZ

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic