icon

Starter and Fuel Cut Off Switches

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CivicTypeR 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
Wanted to see what creative ideas people have used to put kill switches on a 2000 Honda Civic. Looking for unusual way to set one up. Like you have to have parking lights on to start car. Something to that effect. I have had two thefts out in front of my house within the past month and a half. I plan on getting lo jack, but by that time it may be to late. All Ideas are welcomed. THANKS!
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

Can easily do that. You could also make it so you had to honk the horn and/or turn anything else on or off for the vehicle to start. Did you have something specific in mind or is turning on the parking lights the way you want to do it? Just let us know. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.

Starter and Fuel Cut Off Switches -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

If you want to do it with your parking lights or anything else that provides a 12V+ output, use it in place of the turn on lead shown below.

Starter and Fuel Cut Off Switches -- posted image.

Starter and Fuel Cut Off Switches -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
CivicTypeR 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
I just wanted to see what kind of ideas people had and kinda brain storm them together to see what I would like to throw together. The parking lights thing is just an idea I saw on a website. I want to make it hidden and unique so that it wouldn't be the easiest thing to find. Someone once told me that you can set up an ignition kill where it will let them (theives) start the car but the car will die after like 15min or so. Is this something that is possible and Inexpensive to do. Thanks
trusdamanr 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
could use cig lighter, spare fuse in fuse box, trigger in glove box....the poss. are endless
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
That sounds like a bad idea to let them start the car then have it shut off. Nothing can prevent your car from being stolen if a thief really wants it. The immobilizer in that car is better than any starter kill relay anyway.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

I agree with Jrilla, What cars were stolen outside your house?? My bet is they didnt have an OEM immobilizer system. 

Hak
Siemens Autostart
CivicTypeR 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
One of the cars was a 99 Honda Civic SI and the other was a 91 Acura Integra. I don't know anything about alarms but I thought that was kinda strange too to have a system that would let them start the car in the first place. Its just something I heard. I know that my 00 Civic has a alarm that came in it from the factory but I had to take the fuse out because the damn thing would just go off on its own and would never shut up. It also wouldn't let you start the car. I took it back to honda and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. Low and behold it still had the same problem. I am not expecting to stop them from taking my car all together but to more or less slow them down a bit. I mean if I have to I will pull a plug wire off everytime I park the damn thing. Also I have heard that I can set up a kill switch so that it won't start unless the seatbelt is on. I guess I will just have to find the right wires to hook that up. Thanks for your help.
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Detachable steering wheel...  Just kidding  Starter and Fuel Cut Off Switches -- posted image.
Hak
Siemens Autostart
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2003 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
Honda Civic and Acura Integra are the number 1 vehicles to be stolen or broken into in Canada. If you like the passive starter disable so much. You can double your protection by investing alarm system with starter disable and ignition disable. Most alarm system out the today has two disable output.
If you think the alarm system is not safe enough than you can add a third protection. A passive starter disable with a single relay hook up.
You can wire a relay and use the rear defogger switch as a positive trigger to a relay.
RELAY Configuation: Pin 86 to the rear defogger switch, pin 85 to gound, pin 87a to starter wire key switch side, and pin 30 to starter wire motor side, and pin 87 do not use.
You will have to put the key in the Ignition switch and turn it on the Ignition than Press the Rear Defogger switch to start the vehicle. Once the vehicle is started than you can press the Rear Defogger switch to off or leave it on in the Winter. The Starter wire only require power to start the vehicle. After the vehicle is started and it doesn't have power.
Good luck
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic