icon

2005 pontiac montana wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tdogg123 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  

to velocity motors (jeff) it seems as if you are the guru of wiring know how. i have seen the wiring codes that you painstakenly wrote for a question about the 2003 pontiac montana. i have a 2005 montana with rear seat entertainment and after the dealership replaced my cluster the sound for the dvd doesnt work, it works with the radio. the sound for the dvd will only work thru the headphones. i press aux. as i always have but "RSE OFF" is displayed on the radio. when the dvd is playing a picture of a headphone is on the rear control screen. i dont know if that is suppose to be as i never noticed it before, but i thought i would add that in if that means anything. the dealer is now out of business and pontiac has closed my case 3 times stating they were told each time from the dealer they were working on it. this happened jan of 2008 and i have tryed getting resolution and pontiac now wont reply after they told me they cant do anything about it cause i have npo proof the dealer was at fault since they are now no more. so do you know what the problem is and is the wiring codes you gave for the 2003 montana the same for the 2005. also do youo know a more detailed schematic for my vehicle? thank you for any help you can give. why i am wanting to fix this is, i have 2 headphones and 4 girls. that math anywhere in the world equals a battle every time we get in the van.

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
The problem is not probably not with any wiring. The clusters plug in and no wiring needs to be altered. Most likey the radio requires to be set up with a GM scan tool (Tech II). The cluster is an important module in the vehicle and when it is changed the radio may not respond the same until it is set up again. Take your vehicle to any GM dealer and have them try this. It only takes a few minutes to do.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic