icon

door locks, 2004 maxima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2012 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Directwire gives ORANGE / black (-)lock and ORANGE / blue (-) unlock at the window switch.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2012 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
Someday I wish to have access to directwire again... lol. But since I'm just starting out in my new business, it's just not worth the cost. I'd be paying out more than I was pulling in... lol.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2012 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Kenny, PM me or email me with whatever you need.
adookie02 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
yes smart start vss 3000
adookie02 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
this is the wiring chart i got from this website
Nissan
Maxima
2004-2004
Remote Starter Wiring Colors and Notes
Function
Vehicle Color
BLACK/ RED & BLACK / YELLOW
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS*, **
Ignition #1:
RED
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #2:
N/A
Ignition #3:
N/A
Accessory:
WHITE/ BLUE
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Brake Light:
RED / GREEN ( + )
Above Brake Pedal Switch
Tach Signal:
Parking Lights:
RED / BLUE ( + )
FUSE BOX IN DR. KICK PANEL OR BCM
Headlights:
GREEN/ BLACK ( + )
FUSE BOX IN DR. KICK PANEL OR BCM
OEM Alarm Disarm:
OEM Alarm Arm:
Diesel Glow Plug:
Clutch Bypass Wire:
Notes:
*This vehicle is equipped with a Transponder Anti-Theft Security System. Use Universal Alarm Bypass Module part #2x402 where X can be any number. The vehicle has a second starter (BLACK / YELLOW) wire that must be hooked up. See also Note #144
Nissan
Maxima
2004-2004
Alarm and Keyless Entry Wiring Colors and Notes
Function
Vehicle Color
GREEN ( + )
Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Kill:
BLACK/ RED & BLACK / YELLOW
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS*, **
Ignition +12 Volts:
RED
IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Lights/Superv:
RED ( + )
AT BCM MODULE
OEM Horn:
Power Lock:
GREEN/ YELLOW ( + )
AT BCM MODULE IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
Power Unlock:
GRAY ( + )
AT BCM MODULE IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL***
Trunk Release:
RED ( + )
AT BCM MODULE NEXT TO FUSE PANEL BEHIND LEFT SIDE OF DASH
Alarm Input Wire:
RED ( + )
AT BCM MODULE
Notes:
***See Note #202 Positive Trigger Door Locks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tested and verified any of that info because it's different to what we have.
If true look to the relay section, or I will show you how to flip (reverse) the polarity.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
There are 2 ways to do locks on this car. The old fashion way would be to run into the door and grab the wires at the Window Switch Harness. the door panel is easily removed and there is plenty of room in the rubber boot between the car door and car body to run wires through. here is a YouTube Link showing how to take off the door panel. You'll also need to unscrew the speaker. You will be testing for the correct wires at the harness plugged into the Power window switch for ground while turning the key in the drivers door cylinder. These are considered the arm/disarm wires but they also control locks and domelight. You will hook up your lock wire from your remote starter to the arm wire in the car and your unlock wire of the remote starter to the disarm wire in the car. You will need to set your remote starter for "double pulse unlock" What happens is, with the first unlock pulse the factory alarm will disarm and turn on the domelight. The second unlock pulse will unlock the doors. You will not be using the arm/disarm wires off the remote starter itself, just the lock/unlock wires. Here's the info on the Arm/Disarm wires inside the drivers door at the power window switch:
Factory Alarm Arm     blue or pink/blue (driver door key lock)     -     power window main switch, white 16 pin plug, pin 4
Factory Alarm Disarm     red (driver door key unlock)     double -     power window main switch, white 16 pin plug, pin 6
Now for the second way to do this. Sometimes you can grab it at the inside the car. I have done a few 2004 maximas and sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't. It only take 5-10 minutes to try for the first timer. What I do is hook up my whole remote starter first and test that the remote starter is functioning. I leave the locks for last. I follow the instructions in the link I'm about to post and try it. If it works, I secure the wires and button up the car. If it doesn't, I take off the door panel and run the wires in. Here is the link and directions on doing the locks inside the car at the BCM courtesy of Chris Luongo, the pictures on the first page are actually of a 2004 maxima.
Factory Alarm Arm blue or pink/blue driver door key lock - power window main switch, white 16 pin plug, pin 4 Factory Alarm Disarm red driver door key unlock double - power window main switch, white 16 pin plug, pin 6 Nissan BCM Trick
On also, The wires you posted above for lock/unlock. The ones marked Positive. I have listed as the Door Lock Motor wires. You don't interface with those for your install. They are listed for different purposes.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he only connects the lock / unlock wires to the factory arm / disarm then if he starts it with the doors locked it will set off the alarm. The best way would be to set it on double pulse unlock, single pulse through the disarm wire, and tie the disarm and unlock wires together to the factory disarm. That way it will only single pulse the disarm wire to disarm the alarm when starting, and not fully unlock the doors.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Use THIS wiring Diagram as a guide. Always test your wires...
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
Nissan BCM Trick
Above link wasn't working... lets try that again
offroadzj, This car disarms with remote start. no need to send a pulse down the disarm wire to actually disarm except for when you unlock. Most Nissans Disarm when remote started. Actually, I think that they just don't go off when remote started... Only when someone opens a door. But what you said wouldn't hurt anything either. door locks, 2004 maxima - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic