icon

ultrastart 72 series program issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joex 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2013 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
ok..won't touch it at all then. np. I know a guy at my work that used to install car alarms.. will ask him tomorrow and post back when I get some results.
joex 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2013 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
wow there is actually 1 in this small town. 11 miles away i know right where they are,
just wondering if they charge by the hour or what. have to stop in and see
joex 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2013 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so just got off the phone when them,
They told me those 2 wires the horn and tach are not mandatory in order for the remote start to work. its just quite and no chirm/honk.
im gonna buy some batterys tomorrow and try that, if that dont work then, i might have to take it in and have them look at it.
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
Keep us posted. Also put electrical tape over the top of the fuses on the heavy gauge harness
joex 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
Ok so ultra start support got back to me,
said:
The horn may not have been connected.
Do the ignition key cycle- ON OFF ON OFF ON
Press and hold the program switch
Wait 5 seconds then press the lock button on each of the remotes to be programmed
Release the program switch
You may need to try this several times to get the remotes programmed.
I did this, then after i turn the key off, take the key out and hit the lock button, it dont work, but the valet switch LED comes on.
ive tried about 20 times, still no go,
dont know what it means when i hit the lock button and program led comes on.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,802
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Personally, I feel the Horn beep is a very valuable audible confirmation tool while programming the Ultra Start
units. When I program the bench prepped unit ( still on the bench ), I connect a small piezo tone generator to the
Horn output wire to help me thru the programming menus.
ultrastart 72 series program issue - Page 2 -- posted image.

Verify that the Antenna Harness is securely plugged in at both ends.
As mentioned before, verify that the U1272's thick Blue Ignition 1 wire is seeing the +12V when you cycle the
ignition key to Run and back to OFF.
Try a Factory Reset. Sometimes I have been lost in the menus / valet mode / etc. and a Factory Reset gets things
back to normal.
Soldering is fun!
joex 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
how do ya do a factory reset then? also do they sell those at radio shack or do ya have to buy them online,
Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2013 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
It would be cheaper just to connect the U1272 to the vehicles horn wire, but here is an inexpensive piezo
buzzer from RadioShack : http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productid=2062397 The Black lead
goes to the U1272 Horn Output and the Red lead to +12V constant ( either thick U1272 Red wire ).
Factory Reset
1 - Cycle the Ignition Key On/Off On/Off On (Leaving the key ON)
2 - Press and RELEASE the Program Switch 1 time. (HORN will chip to confirm that program mode was entered)
3 - Press and HOLD the Program Switch for until the HORN Chirps 3 times.
4 - Turn ignition key OFF to exit.
Note- System reset does not delete the transmitter codes from memory or reset Menu 3 Setting 1 (selectable Output)
back to second ignition. This setting must be manually changed.
Soldering is fun!
joex 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
yea but i cant find the vehicle horn im not that expierenced in vehicle wiring. I know there are wires int eh steering column, the horn one is there somewhere... if the horn wire and tach wire were broke or cut , you would see the other ends dangling,,, just wonder why the tach wasnt hooked up..
kreg357 
Posted: July 13, 2013 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
No Tach connection on your car = lazy installer, IMHO. The Ultra Start's Tachless start works pretty good and it will try 3 times to start your car, but the Tach Method, when properly connected and programmed, always starts the car on the first try. Much better for cold climates, again IMHO.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic