Illusion Audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CivicTypeR 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hi there everyone,
I have a distant friend who has purchased a set of Illusion Audio Components the Lucent series. And was calling me asking for help on installing them. Unfortunatly I have not ever seen these speakers up close and he was saying something about jumpers on them or something. I am looking for someone who would no how to install these speakers. Sorry I can't give more information I really don't know much about these speakers I only know about there inverted motor design. You can get little information about their products at <a href=http://www.illusionaudio.com>www.illusionaudio.com</a> but no install specs. Thanks to anyone who can help me with this
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2003 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
I have never set up that particular brand or model, but most likely when he is referring to jumpers most components have out board X-overs. Now on those X-0vers they have jumpers for different (high) tweeter settings/ frequencies. His best bet is to try different jumper settings and see which one he likes the best.  The only other feature that they might have is bi amping which is where you can send 2 input signals to the Xover one for the High/tweeter and one for the Mid so you can have 2 amps going to one Xover. Now most likely he will not be doing that so he can set the jumper for bi amping to off or normal. Other than that they should be like any other hardware setup. But you can refer him to the forum and we can answer any questions he may have.
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2003 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
I dont know about the Lucent crossovers, but the Carbon crossovers have jumpers for high current applications...its been awhile, but that may be what he is looking at for jumpers...I dont believe the tweeter attenuation is on jumpers if memory serves me correctly, but there are alot of different setting for tweeter attenuation...
if the Lucents are anything like the Carbons, congratulate your friend on buying a very nice set of speakers...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic