the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Chevrolet Silverado, Viper 4105V And Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jzimmerman1985 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2024 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jzimmerman1985
So I’ve looked around on this site and can’t find an up to date answer. But I want to install the Viper 4105V on my 2006 Silverado extended cab Z71. I’m 75% sure I can figure out the wiring connections from similar posts unless you guys tell me there is something special about where my wires go on this truck. But also I see references to needing a bypass module, and when I go to look it up
To buy it, it’s no longer made. Are there any current recommendations?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2024 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Check out idatalink.com you will need to have it programmed from a dealer.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2024 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Another good choice is the INT-SL+ from Fortin. This module comes programmed and is all ready to go. It is available from several online retailers. Just make sure you get the INT-SL+ not the older INT-SL.
Here is a link to the install guide:
https://fortin.ca/download/46281/INT-SL+_RevJ.pdf
You will have to make the necessary hardwire connections between the bypass and the Viper 4105.
Here is a link to a pictorial on a cousin GM vehicle to assist with wire colors and locations.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=133000
Soldering is fun!
jzimmerman1985 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2024 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jzimmerman1985
Thank you guys! Though the only place I’m seeing to buy the fortin unit is eBay. To be clear this will not need flashed for my 2006 Silverado extended cab Z71?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2024 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Correct, the Fortin INT-SL+ comes with firmware pre-loaded. I see one on Amazon for $65 too.
Soldering is fun!
jzimmerman1985 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2024 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jzimmerman1985
This is a bit off topic, but I see that the blue/white wire on then white 5-pin connector for the viper says “(-) 200 mA 2nd status/rear defogger output”. Now all the write ups on this site say it’s not used. Why would I not want to wire it into my rear window defogger?
kreg357 
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
For a basic R/S with RKE install, the Rear Defrost is not a mandatory connection. Additionally, a lot of standard aftermarket systems do not directly support a Rear Defrost function and some vehicles don't even have a rear defroster. That being said there is absolutely no reason you can't use this Viper 4105 output to control the vehicles rear defrost. Most installers will offer this as an extra cost option.
While every vehicle is different, your truck (assuming it has a rear defroster) can be easily wired to allow the Viper to turn it on. First a few tidbits of info. The Viper will output the Defrost signal about 5 seconds after a successful remote engine start up. This will happen all year long without regard to ambient temperature. For your particular application some Viper programming will be required. That Blue/White wire has 3 programming options, see Menu 2 Feature 8.
Default is 2nd Status. You must change it to Option 2 - Latched Output. This will supply the (-) Latched output your vehicle needs. Below is the vehicle wire info:
Rear Defrost   WHITE(-)   LATCHED(-)   @ BCM GRAY CONN, PIN A8
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic