the12volt.com spacer
icon

2014 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Built In Microphone Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ron9mm 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2024 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ron9mm
Hello all. First time poster here.
I’ve got a 2014 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit (push to start). It has built in microphones into the rear view mirror (two bumps on the top, left and right). I recently upgraded the stock Uconnect head unit to CarPlay by using an aftermarket kit that added a circuit board to the radio itself, and linked to an external module to provide the CarPlay.
The problem is that the external unit doesn’t utilize the rather nice built-in microphones. It uses a low quality microphone that has a mono 2.5 mm plug that goes in the back of the aftermarket unit. What I want to do is the following:
1) locate microphone wires into the stock head unit
2) create an “extension cable” - a 6” male to female cable that passes through pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, etc.
3) splice into the appropriate wires to create a mono, 2.5mm plug to put into the aftermarket module.
Is this even possible? I haven’t been able to wrap my head around the consequences of going from two (possibly stereo) microphones into one mono input.
Thanks in advance. All help, suggestions, alternatives, and comments are appreciated.
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
5.7l V8
Summit Edition

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic