the12volt.com spacer
icon

DEI Siren Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gladiator350 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2024 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gladiator350
Hi, I've been working on re-installing a Python 750 alarm and DEI 551t valet remote start in my 95 Chevy G20. It was originally installed in 96/97 but my late Grandma had the system taken out in 99 just before she traded the van in. Ironically we never did re-use the alarm in a different vehicle and I managed to find the van in 2016 and got it back.
I repaired all cut wires and all the alarm/remote start functions work fine, I used a new old stock 514T siren.
While I was finalizing install putting the cluster back in, the siren started going off, although more quiet than usual, disarming didn't stop it, I even pulled the fuse out of the alarm harness and the siren continued to sound until I pulled the negative battery cable. Any ideas what could be causing that?
When I hooked the battery up again it was fine again and siren had normal volume. I didn't add any extra diodes or relays beyond how the installer already had it wired in the 90s,and the ground screw is clean and tight. Thanks
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2024 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpalmer
Had the same thing one time turned out the ground for the alarm was not well secured to the vehicle.
gladiator350 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2024 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote gladiator350
Sure enough I think that was it, moving the harness a certain way made it go off, I ran a new ground and it's not happening now.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic