the12volt.com spacer
icon

Switching From Marksman To DEI Avital

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thompsdw 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2024 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thompsdw
I have to install a new keyless entry system on my large diesel RV because the old system is no longer available and my key fobs are failing.   I pretty good with electrical stuff, but need some help.   Due to the size of this thing (45') I can't roll it into an install shop, so any help is appreciated.   My RV doesn't have a security system, just an entrance door lock/unlock and a separate button to unlock the basement doors (equivalent of the trunk on a car). I do not have wiring schematics for this RV. They don't supply them.
Old System (Marksman M2A). On this system the white, red, brown, black, yellow, and grey wires are used on a 10 pin connector. The blue and green wires are also used on a separate 2 pin connector. I am not sure about the grey wire, nor of the lock unlock is a positive or grounded lock setup?
10 Pin Connection
White Wire: +Parking Light Output
Red Wire: +12V To Fuse Box (Battery)
Brown Wire: (-) Output for Horn Relay or 12V Siren
Black Wire: To Chassis Ground
Orange Wire: 500mA Grounded When Armed (Optional Relay Needed)
Gray Wire: (-) Channel 2 Output (Optional Relay Needed)
Green Wire: (-) Channel 3 Output (Optional Relay Needed)
Blue Wire: Do Not Connect. Please Tape Off
Violet Wire: (-) Dome Light Output (Optional Relay Needed)
Yellow Wire: To Ignition Key (Switched +12V)
2 Pin Connection (2 Choices) – I am not sure which of these to use
Positive 3 Wire:
Blue: Door Lock
Green: Door Unlock
12V Positive to master switch
Negative 3 Wire
Blue: Door Unlock
Green: Door Lock
Ground to master switch
New System (Directed Electronics – Avatal 1201L). On this system the white, red, brown, black, and yellow, and grey wires are pretty straightforward. The rest not so easy for me.
VIOLET Unlock #87 Normally Open (Input)
RED/WHITE (-) Output of Channel 2
BLUE/BLACK Unlock #30 Common Output
BROWN/BLACK Unlock #87A Normally Closed
VIOLET/BLACK Lock #87 Normally Open (Input)
ORANGE (-) 500 mA Ground-When-Locked Output
WHITE/BLACK Lock #87A Normally Closed
YELLOW (+) Switched Ignition Input
GREEN/BLACK Lock #30 Common Output
WHITE/BLUE (-) 200 mA Channel 3 Valididty Output
BLACK/WHITE Output of Domelight Supervision Relay #87
LT. GREEN/BLACK (-) 200mAFactory Alarm Disarm Output BLACK/WHITE- Input of Domelight Supervision Relay #87
BROWN (-) Horn Honk Output
BLUE (-) 200mA 2nd Unlock Output
BLACK (-) Chassis Ground Input
RED (+) 12V Constant Power Input
WHITE (+/-) Light Flash Output
I really appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thank you in advance.
thompsdw 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2024 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thompsdw
I learned some today after talking to directed electronics. The power and ground wires are easy to figure out. Look like the grey wire that is on the M2A is the trunk unlock. After that all I have to figure out is the relay logic (12v+ or ground switched) for Newmar. That is where the violet and violet with a black stripe comes in. I don't really understand that yet so I will have to keep digging.
Dean Thompson
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 644
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2024 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote davep.
If you don't know which wires do what for the locks and basement, and the existing system still functions well enough to test, test them.
If a wire rests at system voltage, but goes zero volts with activation, that is a (-) trigger. If the wire rests at 0-volts, but goes (+) with activation, that is a (+) trigger.
If a wire rests at voltage, but doesn't change, that is a power supply to the module. If it always rests at 0-volts, that is a ground. Also check for a "hot in run" wire, ie "Ignition".
audiokid1 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2024 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote audiokid1
I'm going to guess that this is a Newmar unit only because we used to supply the M2A system to them. I tried searching through old documentation.... Unfortunately, I was unable to find any wiring diagrams for their install or the prep. This was also 20 years ago, so I'm not surprised that the documents are hard to find.
thompsdw 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2024 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote thompsdw
I was able to find the document. I spoke to directed and I understand how to wire the system now. All I have to determine is the trigger that Dave mentions above and I am good to go. And yes, it is a Newmar coach.
Dean Thompson

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic