the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706V With Omegalink Bypass Module, 2007 Nissan Titan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
desert islander 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2024 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
Could I hardwire all required wires with the exception of the RS 24-pin green/black factory alarm disarm output and green/white factory alarm arm output wires until I get the pigtails and still program the RS/alarm to function properly? If this will still work without connecting these two wires do I need to reprogram the RS/alarm once I do get it connected? I will also be looking at connecting these wires to the power door lock/unlock as shown on the wiring diagram for my Titan. It shows on Note #3 that the power lock (blue) wire will arm the factory alarm and Note #4 shows that the power door unlock (red) wire will disarm the factory alarm. If this works then I won't need to connect to the BCM pin 7 & 8 harness connector M18. Is this correct?
desertislandertech
lee.lopez 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2024 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
I couldn't tell you how it would work with the Omegalink as I've never used them. But yes, if the wires at the power window switch work, you wouldn't need any pigtails.
desert islander 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2024 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
I finally got around to connecting my RS. Does learning the virtual tach need to be programmed before RS will work? When I press the RS side button on the key fob, display shows an error. I can hear the RS clicking 8 times but nothing turns on at the dash and my truck does not start. The door lock/unlock function on the key fob doesn't work either. I changed all the settings in Menu 3-Remote Start feature 1 (Transmission Mode) option 2 (Automatic) and feature 8 (Flex Relay Function) option 3 (Starter 2).
desertislandertech
lee.lopez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2024 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
It would be worth trying, but if you get a remote start error that likely needs to be addressed first.
8 flashes means Neutral safety shutdown. Are you sure it's not 7 flashes (manual mode error)?
desert islander 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2024 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
Looking at the viper RS install guide 24-pin harness it shows that the Black/White (-) neutral safety/parking brake input wire needs to be connected to ground for automatic transmission. I thought that because I connected via D2D that this wire is not used but apparently it seems that I do need to connect it. Could this be the problem?
To be more specific, I am hearing 8 clicks that sound like it is coming from underneath the dash assuming from the RS. The RS control center button installed at top of windshield is not flashing. Sounds like a relay clicking underneath the dash.
desertislandertech
lee.lopez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2024 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
Yes, that is most likely the issue. Ground that wire and you should be good to go.
If your parking lights are connected and working you can always watch for flashes.
desert islander 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2024 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
Looking back on the viper RS installation guide, the one that came with the RS is dated 2016. This new guide shows 24-pin harness Black/White wire is (-) parking/E-brake input and to connect this wire to the (-) parking brake wire in the vehicle.
The older version dated (2013) that I found online that I was looking at for the viper RS shows the same Black/White wire (-) neutral safety/parking brake input to ground this wire for automatic vehicles.
Now on the viper RS 5706 RS installation guide found on the Directed website dated (2015) shows the Black/White wire (-) neutral safety/parking brake/E-brake input.
The RS installation guide dated 2013 says the black/white wire is connected to ground for automatic transmissions.
The RS installation guide dated 2016 says the black/white wire is connected to the (-) parking brake wire in the vehicle and says the same for the Directed website viper RS installation guide dated 2015.
Do I connect the black/white wire to the parking brake wire on the vehicle since this is the newer version (2016) of the installation guide or do I still connect this wire to ground as shown on the 2013 guide?
Startup diagnostics on the viper RS guide dated 2013 says the 8 flashes (parking lights) means the neutral safety wire has no ground.
On the guide dated 2016 this means Parking/E-brake wire (RS harness black/white wire) has no ground. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two guides and if this is the same thing for both guides to connect the black/white wire to ground.
desertislandertech
lee.lopez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2024 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
If it were me, I'd just ground it. It is, after all an automatic.
desert islander 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2024 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
I connected the black/white to ground and now I have power at the dash but still no remote start. No error message on the key fob or no flashing parking lights to identify diagnostics. Lock/unlock still does not work when I use the key fob. I am starting to wonder if the Omega D2D is compatible with the viper RS.
desertislandertech
lee.lopez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2024 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
Did you learn tach like you had asked about? If not, try that and then see if it remote starts.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic