the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 Volkswagen Jetta SE, Remote Unlock Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rcntype 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2024 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rcntype
Super Newbie on alarm wiring, so please bear with me...
I just installed a trackmate gps tracker on my 2013 Jetta with regular key/fob. Tracker and killswitch is working but not sure how to get remote lock/unlock working. Normally on my other Japanese cars which has the same tracker, i just connect the tracker lock/unlock wire to the cars lock/unlock wire in the driver kick panel.
Using this pages wiring: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=132637
Well I think because of the oem alarm/keyless entry system? The Brown/green lock/unlock wire I found in the kickpanel (i think its the correct wire?) does not unlock the doors when the car is locked with the fob. Im assuming because the oem alarm wasn’t disarmed? It does unlock all other scenarios.
Anyone know how do i go about making this work? Do I need to simultaneously send a signal to the OE alarms disarm wire to unlock? The trackmate system can send either a ground or positive signal for lock/unlock purpose.
Lastly im not sure i have the right lock/unlock wire in the kickpanel as the wiring on this site refers to the BCM under the dash.
Grounding the wire unlocks the locks when it supposed to be lock. I combined it with a 200ohm resister and that did not change the action, still unlocks. I have not tried using the bcm wires since its so far up the dash.
Anyone have any insight?
lee.lopez 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2024 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
Let me start off by saying I've never done one of these. That said, if it was me, I'd probably try using diodes to feed both wires simultaneously with the striped sides towards your Trackmate. If that doesn't work you could use relays.
Fortin usually has some good quality color pictures. Look up your vehicle on the Fortin website (fortin.ca) using both standard key and push to start and download the installation PDFs.
You can see what the BCM plugs look like and how to remove the cover off the back of the connectors to possibly give you better access.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic