icon

bypassing rear nissan amp...help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
biotechsol 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

Hi.......I need help on how to bypass my Clarion 'active control' amp in the rear deck of a 1992 Maxima...I replaced the 'active control' cassette radio with a 1997 Nissan CD/Cassette combination, I'm pretty sure this radio has an integrated amp.  Right now I get a constant hiss from the rear speakers and I think it's because the factory amp is being powered by additional power from the radio.  At least that what the stereo shop says.  If this would be easy to do, I'd like to do it myself.  I've already paid the stereo shop to first wire the radio with a harness that would plug into my factory 1992 harness (65.00 later the rear speakers didn't work and the when I turned the lights on the stereo went dark but no hiss) now 70.00 later all speakers work but terrible hiss but now the deck lights stay on but no dimmer.  So if I can figure this out myself I'd like to give it a try and save another 45 dollars.  The factory rear speakers are 4 ohm but I do have some new Boston Acoustics that I can install if that would sound better.  The door speakers have been replaced with pioneer speakers the original ones were bad.  Does someone make a adapter that can be plugged into wires before they go into the Clarion amp? Or can I just spice the wires before they go into the Clarion amp?

Thanks for all your help. 

ViperATC5 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2003 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
very easy to do - look at the wiring harness behind the radio and make note of the wiring colors on the car side of the harness (dont forget to write down which one is + and - either) Go to the amp and youll see the same color wires that you noted up front as input wires on the amp. Cut these wires and then cut the wires going to the speakers from the output side of the amp. Connect the inputs to the outputs of each respective speaker completely bypassing the amp.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic