icon

Clifford Alarm Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jay Z24 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2003 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

i have a 98 cavalier z24. i had a clifford matrix 3 alarm installed about a year ago. i recently installed the dei 530t window module and the alarm worked fine. i then tried to instal a relay to make the trunk pop work and something happend. first the alarm would arm and disarm but not roll up the windows when it armed and also not lock or unlock the doors. after looking over the alarm for hours i could not figure out the problem and i armed the alarm and lock the doors and left it for the night. today when i press the keyfob .. nothing .. no alarm no nothing. nothing at all works now and i dont know what the problem is. i cant find any wires that seem to have a bad connection and the ground appears to be fine. i do not have remote start and i had the alarm installed at best buy and they are very hard to get them to look at the alarm because it is still under the lifetime warrenty from dei but they always give me a hard time when trying to get them to fix it. i really would appreciate if someone could help me figure out the problem, like maybe steps i could take to assess the problem and fix it. thanks for any help you can give

jay

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
Maybe check more fuses? I don't exactly know why it would work and then stop in the morning unless you battery backup or something.
Greg S 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

I'm going to take bets that you have a backup battery installed?  If so you blew the main power fuse and the alarm was just working from the reserve power in the back up battery.  The other functions, such as the door locks, windows and trunk release all work of just the power line and not off the battery.  If the main power line fuse is blown then I would say that the trunk release relay is wired incorrectly and grounding out the power line when you trigger it, it's possible that the trigger line is reverse polarity and not just positive tigger.

Just as a heads up, unless you had Best Buy install the window module and trunk release then I wouldn't expect them to wokr on the alarm for you at all, you voided their install warrenty by messing with the wiring.  If you had them do it then all is good.

Greg Stoddard
jay Z24 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2003 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

yes i have a backup battery installed. can you tell me where i would look for the main power fuse, because i can only find three fuses to the alarm and all of which are still good. also it seems that it is the main power and that the alarm was working off the battery backup, but the windows still worked when the locks didnt. the trunk release is not wired up at all because apparently it isnt as easy as i thought and now i just need my alarm working and i dont care if the trunk pop works. i know i will have a hard time getting them to look at it because of the window module so hopefully i can still get them to look at it .. its always hard to get them to look at it, even when i had a prolem before when there was no void in the warrenty.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic