Viper 791 Hood

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slade781 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

sroth140 wrote:
did they use grey for the hood trigger and blue for the trunk?  if they just used blue then it would show trunk for the trunk and hood.

sroth140, I'm not too sure about that one but I'm thinking that yeah, that's probably what the guy did.  Because he said there was only one line going in but after some responses and trying to read and understand the installation guide, I think he didn't see the other line.  The thing is, he's so used to working on alarms that he didn't even look at the installation guide and from what I hear, a separate line for the hood and trunk is somewhat new still.  So yeah, I called him back and he said he'll check it out but I think he's gonna end up not doing it.  So if he doesn't, can anyone here kind of walk me through on how to redo it so that it'll work properly?  Thanks guys....

slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  

I tried calling him back later during the day and he never picked up....  :(

jc18750 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged  
find the brain module for the alarm. see if the grey wire on the small harness of the brain is connected. to test if it is the right wire, start your remote start and then ground the wire out. (first test it with a multimeter to make sure that it isn't live.) it should make the engine shut off. then find the white wire with the blue wire on the main harness, he most likely split the wire at the brain, so see if it has 2 wires running to it. clip one of the wires, open the hood and then arm your alarm. it should tell you nothing if you clipped the right wire. if it still tells you that the trunk is open, reconnect that wire and clip the other one. attach that wire to the grey wire that you earlier found to be the hood shutdown wire. pack it back up and call it a day.
jc18750 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2004 at 4:45 AM / IP Logged  
"white wire with the blue wire"   meant to say blue wire. sorry.
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
So my buddy from SoCal just called and he said his shop would install my alarm for $50 as opposed to the $230 INCOMPLETE install I received!!! Damnit...I just got screwed over and then some.
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Okay guys, I need your help.  So I finally got a hold of the guy and he said that the H3/2 Gray wire is only for the remote start.  I don't have the remote start hooked up so he said that the icon wouldn't light up/work even if it the hood pinswitch was connected to it.  Is this true?  If we connected the hood trigger wire with the gray wire H3/2 wire will it show hood or will it only show the hood icon if the whole remote start was installed?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
why did you get a 791XV for alarm only when the 690HV is a two way alarm with all the features of the 791xv alarm.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
On page 25 of the installation guide, it says:
"It (the H3/2 gray wire) will also trigger the security system if the hood is opened while the system is armed and report Zone 1."  Do you think it will still do this without the remote start installed?
slade781 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2004 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
extreme1, because the place that I got my alarm from didn't have the 690HV.  And who knows....I may hook the remote start up in the future....
jc18750 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2004 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
yes, that wire will work as a security option regardless of having the remote start wired or not. he hooked it up wrong. take it back to him and tell him to fix it. that's not the only wire on the harness that he probably didn't install. there is also a brown wire on that harness that monitors the brake. your alarm will sound if the brake is depressed. but in the install guide it's labeled "brake switch shutdown". he most likely didn't install that either.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic