icon

Which Omega bypass modules to stock up on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JiggaFan 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

I know there are alot of DEI users/installers out there, so asking which DEI bypass modules would prolly be easy to get an answer from.  But I need to know which OMEGA bypass modules to stock up on b/c that's what's available to me from my wholesaler suppliers.

Of course, Ford/GM are the biggest concern.  Then Chryslers.  Beyond that, I'll prolly get a mainstream Toyota and Honda module to try to have all the import mid-sized sedans covered.

• DBPKF - looks simple enough to cover most Fords.
  • DBPATS3 - think i'm gonna reserve that one for special order only
  • DBGMDLBP - this looks like a handy device to control both door locks AND immobilizer on most late model GMs
  • DBPL2004 - will this do all GMs PASSLOCKI, II, and VATS?  hoow does this work with DBGMDLBP?  does it eliminate the need for DBPLDATA?
  • DBPKH3 - Does this eliminate the need for DBPKH2 and DBPKH1?
  • DBPKT - will this cover all Toyota/Lexus where RS is possible?
  • DBPKUCH - will this do all chrysler/dodge as long as they have a spare key?

man, i'm confused.

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
The PL2004 is a great passlock piece.
The GMDLBP is good for keyless and Passlock... for customers not getting locks, then use PL2004
PKUCH is good for Sentry key pre 2004 MY Dodges. Contains an Immob. chip, need 2 keys to program the third (box).
PKF only covers pre 2003 F-150, older Windstars, Taurus. Ford is up to around 6 or 7 different key cuts, so it becomes a crapshoot as to what has what until you ket the keys in your hand. Solution? 556U or any other cut key module, have customer provide a spare key for bypass purposes.
This should get you stated.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
JiggaFan 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  

thanks alot!

i ended up getting the PASS23--which is the replacement for the PL2004).  I've got a GMDLBP on order b/c they don't yet stock it.

as for chrylslers, I got the DBCHDL2PK b/c it looks to do both immobilizer and door locks for '99+ Intrepids and stuff.  Looks like the ...3PK would do the Trucks and Minivans, but i didn't get it for now.

I also went ahead and got the PATS3 for the Fords...primarily b/c there is a possible '04 F150 in the making so we don't wanna make him wait (neighboring Used Car Salesman/owner) if he decides to get it.

those damnt things are pricey!  For most '98+ vehicles, they are gonna be looking at an additional $40 - $80 in "parts" for any remote start/Keyless Entry install.  Maybe that's why Circuit City had the nerve to advertise a $99 installed Code Alarm RS/KE last week.  You walk in with anything made in the late '90s to present and BAM!  they say "that'll be a total of $200 including additioinal parts....and don't forget the $39.99 extended warranty package!

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
PKF-1
PKF-2
PKF-3
will cover almost all fords.
GMDLBP
CHDL1,2,3 PK
Are the ones I carry they most of
PLXR will do passlock 1,2 and hybrid (saturnION, Canyon)
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
you can also use bypasskits.com and they give a price break on orders of three or more units.....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
JiggaFan 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
so my bypass units came today...what's all this talk of cutting PCM wires?
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
not sure what your talking about......need more info
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
JiggaFan 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  

for the DB-PASS-23, it says to cut the wires to the PCM on Pass Key III vehicles.  not sure which vehicles those would be, but wussup with that?!?!  Evidently the blue wire going to the PCM is for the fuel shutoff and the pink wire going to the PCM is for some ignition wire.  But now that i'm looking at this, this appears to only be an issue with 1999 Venture, Transport, and Silhouette...don't guess i'll be seeing too many of those.

looks like that's the only thing that requires any interaction with a PCM harness...i think we both overracted when we were examining the wiring of the multiple modules today and saw "PCM" and said "oh sh**".

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic