icon

punch hx2 blown! what subs now?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigboi11 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
Since you are already a kicker fan go with the kicker L7's they can handle it.
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Someone said they have never sen a sub that blew and would no longer move. Well the first car audio purchase I made was a used Boss sub in a beat Q-logic box that someone had cut a hole in the top of, in the attempt to "port" it. I had it running off a Power Acoustik 525W max amp (no idea of rms) with the gain all the way up. It played for about ten minutes, stopped playing, and no matter what I did I could not get it to move so much as an inch again. No idea what was wrong, but I couldnt see any physical damage. I still have the amp, its running my 6x9s right now. The sub is still sitting in my room collecting dust and reminding me never to by cheap crap again punch hx2 blown! what subs now? - Page 3 -- posted image.
jugador 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

Hey i know most people are probably gona talk trash about these brands but if your on a budget i think these would be the best bang for the buck. either Ma Audio MA1200XL 600wRMS  1200wMax dual 4ohm coils,

or Audiobahn Alum10Q 800wRMS dual 6ohm coils. Ive delt with both brands and models and have never had a problem. I just recently installed an Ma Audio 8in MA800XL 400wRMS  800wMax, into my friends 2004 jeep wrangler. I  made a fiberglass box to replace the factory 6.5in woofer in the center consel. Man it sounds great, clean, and deep. woofer was only $65 @ etronics.com  and it came overnite from NY, NY to houston, TX. Check them out, youll be surprised with the sound.

It Can always be Done, The question is do you have the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
turbotyphoon69 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

the price on the adires arent a problem, im willing to do it right, BUT i want to keep the current box other wise it would have been hands down the l7.

And this system is only for a few more months hopefully when i plan on gettin something to get good sq out of and lots of SPL, im considering 2 w7s or two L7s

1993 GMC typhoon pearl white- 3in drop with 18s
1996 Grand Cherokee frost white- Lifted on 20in Rims and 33in All Terrain KO's
turbotyphoon69 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
i dont mind price at all, im willing to do it right, but i still want ot keep the same BOX and thats why i havent gone to a single 15in L7 and im only keepin this system for a couple months, If all goes well i been planning to build a good sq and SPL system wiht L7s or W7s
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

An F-mod would be the solution to your lack of a subsonic filter...you can purchase one to fit your needs off www.partsexpress.com for about $25. If you plan on eventually goin for Sq and SPL..don't go with the L7's..they're more for strictly sq...now the W7's are a whole new story. I would suggest Either Tempests or Shivas for a great blend of sq and spl.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
No MA Audio, and no kicker. Get Adire Shiva's and you will be pleased. For $125, they are the rip man. If you wanna spend more, just go for the Brahma, or try Alumapro's Alchemy RX's. Those kick major but and are strong as can be.

Lemme know what you decide.
Don't choose L7's. Go W7's or Brahmas if you got the cash laying around. ( I recommend the Brahma).
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with pimpincavy. I had a set of 10's that I got from a friend, built a box and hooked them up. They both played for about one minute. All of a sudden both of them just "froze up". They were as stiff as a board. You couldn't take your hand and move them at all. I had never seen any do that before or since. They were not cheap subs either. At least he gave me my money back.
'85 Toy
dragonrage 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2004 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

I promise I'll shut up about Adire in this thread after this post! ;)

I'd recommend Brahma's over JL W7s. Both are great speakers, but W7s are way too expensive.

2009 Pontiac G8 in planning stage
HU: ?
Speakers: ?
Amps: ?
turbotyphoon69 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2004 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  

any body got links to the adire stuff? When i searched i found adire home subs and i need dual four ohm subs to run them at 2ohms for each channel

BTW i run around on syclone and typhoon forums and denver racing forums all the time and i have yet to find a forum so helpful!

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic