icon

tryin to make subwoofer sound better

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
OneLove05 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

Is it alot better to have a custom cd player that has outputs, than a stock 6 cd in-dash cd player that has no outputs, when tryin to make your subwoofer system sound better?

The reason why im asking is because I had a F-150 with a nice pioneer cd player and a Rockford Punch 400 watt amp with 2 12' Polk subs and it sounded good, And I took the amp and the subs off and put it on my new Sierra truck, that has a stock in-dash 6 cd player with no outputs, so i hooked the amp through my speakers and it just sounds like speakers and not the way the hit as hard as before.

Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
Your factury HU might might not put out a full 20~20k Hz signal to the speakers. This would have ill effects on bass.
Note that you cannot directly compare one vehicle to another in terms of sound. All vehicles will have a different sound to them.
You probably arn't getting a clean signal from the speaker wire. Chechk around, someone probably sells a converter thing that gives your HU and/or RCA outputs at about 4 volts.
OneLove05 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
Are you talkin about a Adjustable Line Output Converter? Because I bought a Adjustable Line Output Converter and hooked it up from the back bose speakers it still seems like not enough base im coming through the subs.
the don 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
go to  pac usa.www  they have a harnes that hooks up to the factory  radio with rca 4 volt output it works real good
ladys if i can,t fry it i don,t eat it
OneLove05 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

the don wrote:
go to  pac usa.www  they have a harnes that hooks up to the factory  radio with rca 4 volt output it works real good

Whats the site called?

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Look at these at http://www.pac-audio.com/products/oem1.htm and see if your truck is listed.  You unfortunately are having to deal with getting around that factory Bose crap.
OneLove05 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  

stevdart wrote:
Look at these at http://www.pac-audio.com/products/oem1.htm and see if your truck is listed.  You unfortunately are having to deal with getting around that factory Bose crap.

Thankz, even though it says 2003, it should still work for a 2004 GMC Sierra shouldnt it?

OneLove05 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

For some reason that part dosent work for my truck? Is there anything i could do?

My Truck is a 2004 GMC SLE Extra Cab Truck with Bose, On Star and XM radio.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
If you have the Bose system, doesn't it have a factory sub woofer?  If you need to keep the factory system intact, you can grab a signal for your aftermarket subs from the factory sub.
Support the12volt.com
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
"You unfortunately are having to deal with getting around that factory Bose crap."
Older Bose systems were indeed crappy. But newer Bose systems are actually pretty good relative to other OEM systems.
Keep us updated on what you do
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic