the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

I cant get the remote start to work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,042
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I'll ask again...You do understand how to use the Manual Transmission Safe Mode Exit Sequence right?
What steps are you going through before trying to remote start?
Steve G
richsei 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
yes I do, I follow the sequence in the manual and also I have been talking with Tech support for the last 3 days on this problem from Black Widow but no quck yet.  now when I set the system to run as a automatic the remote starts just fine.
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
So you have your clutch properly bypassed?
When you try the remote start sequence in manual mode, is the engine staying running when you remove the key before you exit the vehicle?
Steve G
richsei 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
yes that part works fine. and yes to the clutch bypassed.
iskidoo 
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so you exit the vehicle....do you wait until the interior dome lights turn off and then try the lock button.
Could you be trying to lock the car before the door circuit polarity has changed back to normal because the dome light is still on?
Steve G
richsei 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
now that I have not done I have been locking as soon as I shut the doors
iskidoo 
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm brain works by sensing the door polarity change. So if the lights is still on then the alarm will still think the door is open when your hitting lock.
So you do have like a 30 second dome light supervision feature built in to the truck from the factory?
Steve G
richsei 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
yes I do, I'll have to give it a try when I get back from CO. in a few days.  But it dont  make any sense that the remote start works in the automatic setting
iskidoo 
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Sure it makes sense. let me know if this explaination is hard to understand. I'll try to clarify as best as I can. The manual reservation mode is alot more complex than the automatic mode. The automatic mode just looks to make sure the hood pin isn't active and the brake isn't pressed. then it will start. The manual mode (to ensure safe operation) however relies heavily on that door trigger wire. By exiting the vehicle with the engine running, it pretty much insures that you have the vehicle out of gear and the e-brake engaged. How else would you safely exit the vehicle. The way that the system insures that noone can get in and bump the shifter into gear or release the e-brake is to monitor that door pin. When your doing the exit sequence your opening the door which changes the negative on the door wire to positive. When you shut the door it changes back from positive to negative. The alarm now can shut down the engine and it is considered safe to remote start. If your domelight is on when your trying to complete the safety sequence then it doesn't see that negative it needs to see. It in turn thinks the door is still open so it won't allow the reservation mode to complete, because if the doors open you can still mess with safety settings like shifter and e-brake.
Steve G
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
With the automatic setting the unit does not have to take into account all the safty checklist that are in place. Just the minimum requirement, which is why it will start without any problem. On the other hand, since you are using Manual Transmission Safe Mode Exit Sequence it has to account for all the safety check list. Because there is domelight delay the check list is not all mark off, the remote start will not work. I don't quite remember the vehicle, but is there a small courtesy light under the drivers panel? You can use that one if there is since it got no delay there.   
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.I cant get the remote start to work - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic