amp whine

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CivicTypeR 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hello All,

I am experiencing a little issue with my amplifier. FIrst of all I have a 2000 Honda Civic EX (I wish it was the type r) I am currently only running one amp and sub. I have my all power and signal cables on opposite sides of the car.  The amp I have is a Pioneer Premier PRS-X720 running a Pioneer Premier TS-W1041DVC. Just recently I had turned the key to ACC and I can hear this High Pitch whine that is coming from the amplifier. It is not coming out of the speakers. The amplifier makes this noise even with the radio off. At first when I would jiggle the power wire on the on the amp the tone would change. I have since looked for cuts in the wire and reseated it on the amp. Now I can not get the tone to change but the whine is still there. If anyone has any ideas as to what is causing this. Please let me know. Thanks for the help.

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
So let me get this right with the head unit off the amp makes a whining but the whining comes out of the amp and is not heard through the speakers?
ih8tktz 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Rockford Bd 1500.1 that does the same thing, but with RF there is a coating that they put on the inside on the board and power terminals, mine has worn down from high tems so it whines now.
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Do you smell anything cooking in there?
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
CivicTypeR 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

bberman1: Yes you are correct. I thought it was weird too?!?!?! I have had alternator whine b4 and that was east to fix. But I have never had this problem b4 though and have never heard of it.

ih8tktz: I don't know if pioneer uses any coatings on there boards but this amp does not get two hot. I have it running the sub at four ohms and since my other amp got stolen i can't play at very high vol because the mids and highs running off the deck get to distorted.

Sound Pressure: Thats something I thought about too. It does smell like an eletric fire in there. But just incase I am not running it right now =)

I did buy the amp off ebay used so I don't know how the previous person used it. I have been using the amp for a while now with no other known problems.

Sounds like its time for me to get the equipment I have been saving up for =)

Do you guys know anything about arv audio amps. How do they run mids and highs ----looking for something that will provide a good clean mid sound--- I want to get the Boston Pro Components 6.5 inch 

Also if anyone knows of the site  ---- I was on this board a few months ago and someone gave a url to a site that deals with fiberglass fabrication specifically for stereo systems. I can't for the life of me remember the URL  I know its not the glassman forum on yahoo. This site sold video how  toos and acuators, the whole nine. If anyone out there knows of it could you pass it along again. THANKS A MIL GUYS.

CivicTypeR 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2002 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
BTW I ment to say ARC Audio not ARV ----just wanted to clarify----

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic