icon

remote alarm, door poppers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fiesta_forever 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

hi all ive got a remote locking car alarm ive fitted it, but because i didn't think and went and smoothed off my locks and handles, now having buttons under the mirrors to open the doors and no ways of locking the car from the outside, im now left wondering.

the door poppers are simple, they are just 2 wire actuators earth and live, with a button in the middle of the live wire, now im wondering am i able to use the ignition cut off function from the alarm to cut off the power to the door poppers instead of having to fit central locking.  this way the car being open all the time but because the alarm has cut power to the actuators there is no way of opening the doors until the alarm is unarmed which is when the circuit is remade enabling the actuators to work again.

i think this would work, but im not sure, is this way going to work or am i wastin time????

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2006 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
Its fine to do what you are talking about, but make sure there is some way to get into your car if the battery dies. the most popular method is a release cable in the wheel well, but you can decide on your own method
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
fiesta_forever 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2006 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  

so basically, using the fuel cut off wires as cut off for the actuators is fine?, i am a bit unsure of how to wire up central locking,  i would prefer to use the central locking system, seems like a better peace of mind, i hav the relay, im just usure how to wire that to the alarm and locking system itself, its a 8 pin relay i no i only need to use 5 pins, i think, i have one orange wire coming from the alarm for central locking input, obviously this goes into the relay input, then lock wire on one side output and unlock wire on the other side output but how do i no what wires to put into the coil ?? i have been told its onside positive from the battery and the other side negative. is this true???

im really quite stuck at this point and rather puzzled?

any responces are welcomed.

thanx :D

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic