the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

python 5401p on 97 f250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  

Take your DMM, put red probe on the pink heavy gauge wire, black probe to ground. Try to remote start the vehicle, You should see the DMM go from 0 to 12 volts during the remote start process.

Do this on the Pink,  Pink/White, Violet, and the Orange. These are the output from the remote starter to the vehicle.  If there is no voltage, something is not connected right, a fuse is blown, no groung, defective unit.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
bigsparky 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
I checked all the wires you mentioned. I also checked h1/1'h3/2,h3/6,and h3/9 to h1/2 ground all have 12.3 v
bigsparky 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
The hood pin wire and tach wire are not hooked to anything. I checked the brake wire and I have 12v on braking.
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Ok you have 12 volts on H1/1 H3/2, 6, and 9...but I asked you to test the OUTPUTS of the unit.  H3/1, 3, 4, and 7... What do you have on those wires when trying to REMOTE START.  Reread my last post.
bigsparky 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
I checked them all 0v on all the wires you mentioned when the remote start is pressed nothing happens not even a click in the brain
smokeman1 
Posted: April 21, 2013 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
Seems to be pointing to a defective unit as Howie II suggested.
bigsparky 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
I think so too if the wiring is as simple as connecting the heavy gauge wires. I'm confident they are right. I have some basic electrical knowledge. I wired the alarm portion and had to wire relays for the lock/unlock and all that works fine
bigsparky 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I ordered a new one.
Does it seem the wiring is right?
Also I noticed that I programmed the ignition controlled locks and they do not work and now when I try to get to the program menu the light stays solid.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2013 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
That means you're in valet mode and I suspect the pink ignition wire might not be reaching the Viper, check H3 wires AT THE VIPER PLUG END.
bigsparky 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2013 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
I checked the pink at the plug end it has power on key. When I went to check it this morning neither of my fobs would disarm the system. Which was set by the fob
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic