the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Chevrolet Tahoe, Viper 4115v and Xpresskit GMDLBP

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jet slicker 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2019 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jet slicker
Hi everybody, this is my first post on this brilliant forum after TONS of browsing through very helpful threads and posts for other remote start installs and such. However, i'm now working on an install where I don't entirely know all the answers. If I broke any rules, didn't provide the correct info, posted in the wrong forum, etc.. Please let me know. Also i've researched the install for at least 5 hours and the following is what i've come up with.
All i'm looking for is to install basic remote start on my girlfriend's 2005 Tahoe so that she can start her vehicle in the cold from inside her apartment and inside her work. I do not need any extra alarm or security features beyond what the OEM system provides. I have a Viper 4115v1 remote start kit and i'm looking to order an Xpresskit GMDLBP module for the passlock 2. Just want to confirm my wiring and install.
My other biggest question is, can I install just the remote start and use the Xpresskit GMDLBP to bypass the passlock and retain all OEM security while using the OEM fob without any issues? I've only been able to find one person who was trying to install only a remote start and no alarm on this generation Chevy but he didn't post much. Everybody else is always installing an alarm system to do the locks and everything and I don't need that. Is there something i'm missing? Or can a remote start not be installed on a 2005 Tahoe without also wiring the locks and alarm to a module? This is my biggest question.
Otherwise, if somebody could confirm my wiring then I would love that!
Viper 4115v: D2D mode with Xpresskit GMDLBP
Primary Harness, 9-pin connector
1 LIGHT GREEN BLACK (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT      Potentially will be connected to Violet/White on GMDLBP if the factory alarm sounds when starting the vehicle
2 GREEN/WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM REARM OUTPUT          not used
3 YELLOW (+) IGNITION OUT (TO ALARM)     not used
4 WHITE/BLUE (-) ACTIVATION INPUT              not used
5 ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN LOCKED/ANTI-GRIND OUTPUT           not used
6 BROWN (-) 200mA HORN OUTPUT not used (Don't need it)
7 RED/WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT **            not used
8 BLACK GROUND INPUT       Chassis Ground
9 WHITE (+/-) LIGHT FLASH OUTPUT       gray/black (-) @BCM             
Remote Start harness, 5-pin connector
1 BLACK/WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT        Chassis Ground because auto trans
2 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT        D2D input from Xpresskit GMDLBP
3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT      White (+) @ brake switch   
4 GRAY (-) HOOD PIN SWITCH SHUTDOWN INPUT   to kit supplied hood pin
5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200 mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT   not used
Heavy Gauge Relay, 6-pin connector
1 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT        Red (+) @ ignition harness
2 PINK/WHITE OUTPUT TO SECOND IGNITION/ACCESSORY CIRCUIT    White @ ignition harness (IGN 2)
3 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT Suitable +12V constant     Red / White @ ignition harness
4 ORANGE OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT          Orange (+) @ ignition harness
5 PURPLE OUTPUT TO STARTER CIRCUIT   Yellow (+) @ ignition harness
6 PINK OUTPUT TO PRIMARY IGNITION CIRCUIT   Pink (+) @ ignition harness
Satellite harness - 4-pin connector
1 BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT GMDLBP Brown wire
2 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT not used (Not connecting the ACC 2 wire since it does not seem to be necessary)
3 PURPLE (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT        not used
4 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION OUTPUT        not used
Door lock harness, 3-pin connector
1 BLUE (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT     not used
2 EMPTY NOT USED
3 GREEN (-) LOCK OUTPUT       not used
Xpresskit GMDLBP wiring:
Brown: To blue 200ma (-) status output
Green: Not used
Blue: Not used
Violet/White: Potentially will be connected to light green/black on Viper 4115v if the factory alarm sounds when starting the vehicle
Violet: Violet data wire on OBD II
Pink/White: Not used
Pink: Not used
Orange: Not used
Red: 12v constant
Black: Chassis ground
If somebody could confirm my wiring and install I would thoroughly appreciate it! Thank you!
- Randy
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2019 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Good post. Your research is pretty good. Your wiring looks good, too.
Just a suggestion. If you haven't purchased the GMDLBP yet, get
a Fortin INT SL+ bypass module. It won't go D2D with the Viper
but there are only a few wires to interconnect between the two units
and that can be done on the bench prior to install. The INT SL+
is a better unit, easier to program that controls more on the truck.
Things like heated seats that come on if the engine temp is below a
certain temp when remote started, RAP shutdown, factory alarm,
a Tach signal and even the Parking Lights.
The Viper 4115 does have the ability to unlock the doors but only
when the engine is running under a remote start, so connect the
Vipers Unlock output to the INT ST+. As for the ACC2 wire, you
will find out if you need it during after install testing. The important
wire NOT to omit is the White IGN2 wire.
As a pre-install test, start the truck with a key and the try the factory
remotes to verify that they still work while the truck is running.
Soldering is fun!
jet slicker 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2019 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jet slicker
Thank you very much for your super helpful reply!
The Fortin bypass does seem to be pretty good and definitely does more than the GMDLBP. I found a Fortin on eBay for only like $10 more than the GMDLBP so that should be worth it.
And how does the unlock for the Viper 4115 work? It almost sounds like when the remote start is activated it automatically unlocks the doors? Or is that not how it works? Because i'd like the car to be started but the doors remain locked until she gets to the vehicle and then unlocks with the key fob. Or at worst case she could unlock it manually with the key in the door as long as the alarm doesn't sound.
5150mechanic 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2019 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote 5150mechanic
Kinda working on the same issues and was wondering why the INT SL+ wont work D2D with the viper (in my case avital).
ASE master guy
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2019 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
And how does the unlock for the Viper 4115 work? It almost sounds like when the remote start is activated it automatically unlocks the doors? Or is that not how it works? Because i'd like the car to be started but the doors remain locked until she gets to the vehicle and then unlocks with the key fob. Or at worst case she could unlock it manually with the key in the door as long as the alarm doesn't sound.
If you connect the 4115's Unlock wire to the INT-SL+ Unlock input, it will allow
the doors to be unlocked only when the engine is running under a remote start.
Below is an excerpt from the 4115V Owners Manual :
Unlock Doors:
When the engine is ON, press and release the remote control button.   The doors
unlock, the parking lights flash, the horn sounds (if connected) as confirmation.
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: December 20, 2019 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
5150mechanic wrote:
Kinda working on the same issues and was wondering why the INT SL+ wont work D2D with the viper (in my case avital).
The INT-SL+ is a Fortin product. It was engineered to use Fortin's D2D protocol. There are 3 different
D2D protocols. DEI's is typically referred to as DBI D2D, iDatalink is ADS D2D and Fortin is DataLink.
Each is different and not compatible with the others. Fortunately most bypass manufacturers, except DEI,
allow for the use of DBI and ADS or DataLink via programming options.
Here is a link to the INT-SL+ Install Guide :
https://cdn02.fortin.ca/download/46281/int-sl+_revj.pdf
The good news, if I remember correctly, is that DEI had Fortin OEM the INT-SL+ for them. It is called the
DLPKGM. DEI makes it difficult to get install guides nowadays but here is a link to the install guide for
a GMC Envoy :
http://www.xpresskit.com/documentdownload.aspx?documentid=6016&productid=125&firmwareid=1633
Soldering is fun!
jet slicker 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2019 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jet slicker
I'm thinking i'll stick with the GMDLBP. The only other question is, how does the 4115 pick up the tach signal from D2D mode? I know I have to switch to the option in the tach learning section of the 4115 but what wire actually gives the 4115 the tach signal? The only wire connected between the 2 modules is the (-) ground output while running. Does the tach signal go through there? Or am I missing a wire?
kreg357 
Posted: December 22, 2019 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
As far as I can tell, the GMDLBP does not go D2D at all. All the R/S to
bypass connections must be hard wired.   When they speak about Data
with the GMDLBP module, it means the J1850 connection to Pin 2 of
the vehicles OBD2 plug.   Here is the GMDLBP install guide :
http://www.xpresskit.com/documentdownload.aspx?documentid=5634&productid=148&firmwareid=1333
The GMDLBP will not supply a Tach signal. To run in Tach Mode the
4115 needs to hardwire connected to a vehicle Tach signal. There is a
very convenient Tach signal at the back of the instrument clusted. This
White wire is shown in a Pictorial somwhere.
Soldering is fun!
jet slicker 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2019 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jet slicker
Ok gotcha, I must have totally missed that.. I thought the GMDLBP would go D2D. By chance do you know how the wiring would go with the INT-SL+ to the 4115? I have both install guides but I don't entirely see how they go together but i'm thinking it's simple. Especially if most or all of the connections can be done on a bench.
Thanks a ton for your help!
kreg357 
Posted: December 22, 2019 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Assumptions   Viper 4115, Fortin INT-SL+, 2005 Tahoe
Only the necessary INT-SL+ to Viper 4115 connections shown.
There will be many Viper 4115 to Tahoe connections.
INT-SL+ 4 Pin harness cut connector
Red to +12V constant at either Viper 4115 thick 30 Amp fused Red
Black to Viper 4115 Pin 8 of 9 Black Chassis Ground ( which also goes to vehicle Chassis Ground )
Viper 4115 to INT-SL+
Primary Harness, 9-pin connector
1 LIGHT GREEN BLACK (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT
2 GREEN/WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM REARM OUTPUT
3 YELLOW (+) IGNITION OUT (TO ALARM)
4 WHITE/BLUE (-) ACTIVATION INPUT
5 ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN LOCKED/ANTI-GRIND OUTPUT
6 BROWN (-) 200mA HORN OUTPUT
7 RED/WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT
8 BLACK GROUND INPUT
9 WHITE (+/-) LIGHT FLASH OUTPUT    * set to (-)     INT-SL+ Pink/Black
Remote Start harness, 5-pin connector
1 BLACK/WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT
2 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT          INT-SL+ Orange/Black
3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT
4 GRAY (-) HOOD PIN SWITCH SHUTDOWN INPUT
5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200 mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT
Heavy Gauge Relay, 6-pin connector
1 PINK OUTPUT TO PRIMARY IGNITION CIRCUIT        INT-SL+   Pink ( and Tahoe thick Pink IGN1 )
2 PURPLE OUTPUT TO STARTER CIRCUIT
3 ORANGE OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT
4 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT
5 PINK/WHITE OUTPUT TO SECOND IGNITION/ACCESSORY CIRCUIT
6 RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT
Satellite harness - 4-pin connector
1 BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT        INT-SL+ Blue
2 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT
3 PURPLE (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT
4 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION OUTPUT
Door Lock, 3-pin connector
1 LIGHT BLUE (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT     INT-SL+ White