the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706V With Omegalink Bypass Module, 2007 Nissan Titan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
desert islander 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2024 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
I will be installing a Viper RS/Alarm 5706V with a Omegalink OL-MDB-ALL bypass module using the (D2D) data to data connection instead of the wired method on my 20007 Nissan Titan. I have the diagrams for both, however the Omegalink wiring diagram shows a generic remote starter.
1. What wires are needed from the Viper 5706V using the D2D connection mode?
2. The Viper RS 10-pin connector pin 6 starter input and pin 7 starter output shows to connect the input to the key side of the starter kill
   and the output to the car side of the starter kill. On the Titan wiring diagram, is this connected to the starter brown wire at ignition
   switch (white 6 pin lug) pin 2? And the starter 2 light green wire at ignition switch (white 6 pin lug) pin 6 is not used?
3. The12volt Nissan wiring diagram shows NA for ignition 2 and ignition 3 but on the Viper RS 10 pin connector wiring diagram it shows pin
   4 (+) ignition 2 / flex relay output and pin 9 (+) fused 12v ignition 2 / flex relay input 87. Does this get connected or is this also not
   used?
Viper 5706V With Omegalink Bypass Module, 2007 Nissan Titan -- posted image.
desertislandertech
desert islander 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2024 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
I have a typo of the year of my 2007 Titan not 20007.
desertislandertech
lee.lopez 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2024 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
1) D2D only handles the functions in the dashed red lines. The solid black lines are still required connections. You will also have to connect the power, ground, ignition wires, etc.
2) If you prefer to use the built in starter kill relay, cut the starter 1 wire at the ignition switch and connect the green wire to the key side and the purple wire to the starter side.
If you don't want starter kill, just connect the purple wire to the starter 1 wire and you're good to go. For starter 2 see my response to 3) below.
3) You can change the flex relay (pink/white) to starter2. Menu 3, item 8, option 3.
It's easiest to use a Bitwriter or XKLoader3 in Bitwriter mode, but you can do it with the key/valet button/remote.
Be sure to connect all red fused wires (red, red/black, red/white).
*Also, download the installation manual from the download section on this site if you don't have it: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1341
It's kind of interesting there's no starter 2 wire in the factory wiring diagram:
desert islander 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2024 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
Thanks for the quick response.
I will be using the starter kill therefore I will cut the starter 1 wire at the ignition switch and connect the green wire to the key side and the purple wire to the starter side. I'm confused with the starter 2. Are you saying the pink/white wire from the 10 pin connector on the RS (+) ignition 2 / flex relay output needs to be connected to the starter 2 wire at the ignition lt. green (+) @ ignition switch (white 6 pin lug) pin 6 and then change the flex relay (pink/white) to starter2 during programming (Menu 3, item 8, option 3)?
For the RS light flash polarity on my Titan, I believe it is positive, correct? I would use the positive jumper not negative.
desertislandertech
lee.lopez 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2024 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
Yes to both. You will be programming the pink/white to starter2 and making sure the parking light jumper is set to positive.
desert islander 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2024 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
Just so I understand this correctly.
RS Main Harness, 6-Pin Connector:
   1, 2 and 3 are hard wired.
   4, 5, and 6 are not needed. Connected through D2D.
RS Door Lock 3-Pin Connector:
   1, 2, and 3 are not needed. Connected through D2D.
RS 10-Pin Heavy Gauge Connector:
   2-10 all hard wired.
RS Auxiliary/Shutdown/Trigger Harness 24-Pin Connector:
   1-24 not needed. Connected through D2D.
desertislandertech
lee.lopez 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2024 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
”Just so I understand this correctly.
RS Main Harness, 6-Pin Connector:
   1, 2 and 3 are hard wired.
   4, 5, and 6 are not needed. Connected through D2D.”
Correct about 1, 2 and 3. Also connect 5 if you want parking lights as it's not listed as supported by D2D.
”RS Door Lock 3-Pin Connector:
   1, 2, and 3 are not needed. Connected through D2D.”
Correct.
”RS 10-Pin Heavy Gauge Connector:
   2-10 all hard wired.”
Correct.
”RS Auxiliary/Shutdown/Trigger Harness 24-Pin Connector:
   1-24 not needed. Connected through D2D.”
For the most part, yes. Nothing else is required. However if you want to connect an aux output you need to hardwire it.
desert islander 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2024 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
I see there are 1-4 Aux outputs on the 24 pin connector. What are they used for and where would they be connected to?
I also noticed on the 24 pin connector that there is an ignition 1 and 2 output and a starter output. Do these need to be hardwired or is this through the D2D as well?
desertislandertech
lee.lopez 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2024 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lee.lopez
The aux outputs can be used for whatever you want. Maybe you want to use one to turn on your headlights for a set amount of time, or one to open your garage door. It's up to you. They are optional.
In your case, you don't need the negative ignition or starter wires. Some vehicles have 3 ignition wires, so you could use one to trigger another relay.
desert islander 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2024 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote desert islander
Okay got it. Thanks for the installation support.
desertislandertech
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic