icon

Who’s Who?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Muffinman 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2004 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

I worked for Yamaha Corp for 5 years in the electronics division. Then in the Motorcycle division. Yea I know Yamaha does not make Car Audio Systems, Don't ask me why I have no idea.Who’s Who? - Page 11 -- posted image.

I know work for myself as a commercial electricain in the Dallas area.

I work on peoples car audio/Electrical systems that get so fried from poor installs I should open a shop I get so many calls. I just like working with Audio Systems since I was a kid. Never have reached that holly grail sound system yetWho’s Who? - Page 11 -- posted image. I try to learn something new everyday that I can use down the road "Where ever that may lead".

Doyledee 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2004 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  

My name is Doyle Smith, I live in nice hot Texas near Dallas. I am 30 yrs old on the 5th and have been doing audio since I got my first car at 17--- blew up alot of stuff learning the hard way...I have been interested in electronics since I was about 4 . I am married and have two kids. I do have a degree in electronics, but I work as an engineer. I have always had systems in every car I have had, and out of them, almost all have been broken into and equipment stolen. As I am older I learn ---if the want it, they will take it , I just make it hell on them now.. :) I really like this site and I enjoy learning more... I still at this age do not know what I want to do...I also do systems for my friends on the side and... have a small business doing repairs in houses...   I wanted to say Hi to everyone on this site... Thanks for keeping it up....

97 Sebring Jx convertible
1500 RF amp with 2-10" Lanzar subs
2005 suzuki Katana 600
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2004 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
M name is Dan. I am 22. I live in northern California. I consider myself an audiophile and bassophile. I've been in the business for about 6 years. I worked in sales and found that installing is far more fun. I worked for some large companies and now help out at local custom shop occaisionally. I consider car stereo a hobby and a passion. I love memorizing specs to equipment. I do a lot of installs for friends. I recently bought a 94 accord and put a small system in it. Alpine CDA 7977 head, alpine mrv-f407 4 channel, some Rainbow audio 6.5 seperates up front alpine 6x9s, an mtx 1000d and two mtx 7500 12". I am already addiced to this site and look forward to using it. -------------dan
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
My name is Lance Dennis. I've been messin in this world since I was 7, (i'm 17 now). My dad works with Alabama Power Company, and has taught me eeverything about anything electronic. I work for a local car audio store doing simple installs. I mostly do repair work on old equipment. Probably the only person in the state that can crack open a cd player, or amp, locate a bad diode, replace, it, and have the equipment running like new. I'm just getting into the fiberglass thing, and plan to one day open a store of my own and beat out the local competition (Jimmy's Car Stereo). I use ti spend a lot of time electrocuting myself, but i'm pretty sure I now know how to correctly wire anything.
Razor222 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  
My name is Nathan Scale, I'm 17 and live in Australia. Am designing a system complete system now to buy myself for my 18th bday (which is when we get a liscence over here). I'm very impressed with this forums and its wealth of knowledge. The positive attitudes and minimum of sledging is great, really encouraging. :0) I'm still a student in my last year of secondary education and am looking at going into engineering.
well that's me, peace all
scalez
great effort comes from great attitude - pat riley
petergozinya 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  
Thadeous,27...I guess i'm the guy who tore apart everything in the house to find speaker's,run to my room install them in a cardbord makeshift cabinet and run my christmas present boom box at 2ohm's..that was a long time ago..i love this stuff,i could look at spec's all daylong..alot of people don't understand why you eat green beans everyday for two year's .....it's becouse i'm in love..I love velodyne...sinfoni..crowson..krell..veritas..ground zero..qupix(the good one)...this could get longer ...there are some amazing people on this forum..educated,certified,..yadi...yadi...ya..ya..but this bit me as soon as i found a skrewdriver...I've read the m.e.c.p book front to back upsidedown ...I have done alot of installs. The last one was an octane 9:0.5 hitting two set's of boston's and a resonant 10..mostly it look's good ...real flashy..my own system is huge in development two 15in ground zero nuke's two u.s amp's 2000..max bass procesor..you know where i'm going with this right?
jonyb 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2005 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  

John Bauer, from Paducah, KY.  28 years old and have been installing since I was 16.  I currently work swing shift at a Uranium Enrichment Facility.  The schedule keeps me working 15-16 days a month.  On my off time, I travel to car dealers in town and do keyless entries, remote starts, video, and car audio work.  I also work out of my garage by "word-of-mouth".  I average about 15-20 cars per month with no advertising or footwork.  The dealers keep me busy, plus when one customer shows off his new toy that I installed, his friend calls, then his friend and so on.

I also work with my parents with their business.  They own www.stevescartshop.com.  We sell golf cart accessories.  There are a few carts in town that we have done video systems on, but nothing too elaborate yet.  Lots of cd players/speaker installs though. 

I worked for a couple shops before I started this job I have now.  The first was Long Run Audio, which I worked at for two years.  They did high-end home, and car audio.  The next was Sound Gallery.  I worked there for 4 years and was mentored by one of the area's smartest installers.  He taught me everything I know about alarms/keylesses.  He currently works as an installer for Circuit City here in Paducah. 

This has been a great site full of information for me.  It's a very useful key on some of the newer vehicles. 

oldskool92 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

My turn, I guess...

I'm Ron, I'm 38 years old, and have been doing installs for about 22 years. when I was 15 or so, My older brother took me for a ride in his new car. He just got done putting a system in it. He had the old pioneer amp/eq, with the uv meter on the front, you know the one I mean!! We were Bangin' in that old car! well, that was it for me. The bug bit, and I haven't been able to get away ever since. I started like most do, family and friends installs, and a whole sh*tload of reading books, magazines, ect... No formal education. Opened my own business in 1990, and gave up in 1994 for personal reasons. well, in 2004, my personal reasons got thrown out of the house, and I dove back in without her!!

I competed this year with SLAP, and did a few custom installs, and I hope to open up another install joint by the end of this year.

I'm gettin' 2 old for this sh*t!!
methinfinity 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone

There's some knowledge up in here for real. Props to all those that have introduced themselves thus far. My name's Nixon, 30.Been installing here in Oz for 7 years. The first audio sales company i worked for in 97/98 started courses for installers (basics in electronics etc etc) so they could claim their installers were the only qualified ones in Australia. Courses didn't last long. Guess it had something to do with government funding. Got as many certificates as was available though. And like many of you have stated, the courses don't make u an installer. Ain't nothing like hands on experience.

Anyway I trained under a lotta knowledgeable guys here and have installed a lot of audio, built boxes(MDF-have done minimal work with fibreglass), door trims/pods, fit alarms, cdl, starters, visual over the years(a lotta a/v especially in the last 1-2 years) and still find myself scratching my head sometimes. 12volt is a godsend..it has helped me out more than a few times.

that's it for me..good lookin out everyone..peace

how much are the MECP courses anyway? The fabricating part of the course sounds interesting.

kenwood mask kdc9018r, 2 x focal polyglass 165v, kicker kx700.5, jl audio 12w3v3-2
petergozinya 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
methinfinity wrote:

Hey everyone

There's some knowledge up in here for real. Props to all those that have introduced themselves thus far. My name's Nixon, 30.Been installing here in Oz for 7 years. The first audio sales company i worked for in 97/98 started courses for installers (basics in electronics etc etc) so they could claim their installers were the only qualified ones in Australia. Courses didn't last long. Guess it had something to do with government funding. Got as many certificates as was available though. And like many of you have stated, the courses don't make u an installer. Ain't nothing like hands on experience.

Anyway I trained under a lotta knowledgeable guys here and have installed a lot of audio, built boxes(MDF-have done minimal work with fibreglass), door trims/pods, fit alarms, cdl, starters, visual over the years(a lotta a/v especially in the last 1-2 years) and still find myself scratching my head sometimes. 12volt is a godsend..it has helped me out more than a few times.

that's it for me..good lookin out everyone..peace

how much are the MECP courses anyway? The fabricating part of the course sounds interesting.

Do you want to go to a school or home study? Check out www.partsexpress.com if you want to watch an educational fabracation video. It seem's to be indepth by it's running time (they are some awfull nice people too.)  

thad

Page of 16

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic